just need a lil help and some ideas (1 Viewer)

wannapass

HSC
hey, i have a maths assignment due in a couple of weeks and i need to do a survey with 5 question but i seriously cant think of a topic, any topic will do just as long as i can think of 5 questions, i also have to do a speech on it so i dont really want it to be too dorky... any ideas??? thanx...

FinalFantasy

HSC
wannapass said:
hey, i have a maths assignment due in a couple of weeks and i need to do a survey with 5 question but i seriously cant think of a topic, any topic will do just as long as i can think of 5 questions, i also have to do a speech on it so i dont really want it to be too dorky... any ideas??? thanx...
wow
survey and speech in maths?
for ur topic, do Complex Numbers:)
den u can ask q's like
"How do you deal with the square root of -1?"
it would b interesting lol

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
I'll throw a couple of topicsat you, they may seem orky but *shrugs*
The influence of media on young minds
Is there too much stress on HSC students
Are computers and television detrimental to health (in terms of not exercising...)
Is Big Brother Uncut too risque
Mandatory sport for all school students
Should getting your drivers license be harder/restricted to an older age
Yeah those are just a few off the top of my head that you could ask at least five closed and opened questions about.

P

pLuvia

wannapass said:
how come u have to do speeches in maths.. :confused: *scratches head* shouldnt ur class be focusing on the HSC not speeches and assignments.. coz thats got NOTHING to do with the HSC lol..

PC

HSC
N/A
A good place to start is:

http://www.censusonline.net/multi2004/indexmulti.html

Then click on "Sample from the Interim Population". Up pops a whole heap of information, but if you click on the link to "40 student designed questions", that will show you 40 questions that heaps of people have answered in an online survey. It will at least give you some sort of ideas about some questions to ask. Question 40 actually contains five separate questions in itself.

Actually, the six dot points under the red writing on this page give some really good steps in designing a survey, so have a browse through those.

You might be interested in comparing males and females in your class to amount of TV watched or amount of time spent smoking or other such stuff.

If you click on "Sampler", you can get a sample of actual answers. It will download as a CSV file, but you can then look at it by opening Excel (or some spreadsheet application) and opening the file from there, or by dragging the icon onto the icon for the application.

Anyway, it's a starting point.

Hope this helps.

FinalFantasy

HSC
how does "comparing males and females in your class to amount of TV watched or amount of time spent smoking..." relate to maths o_O

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
FinalFantasy said:
how does "comparing males and females in your class to amount of TV watched or amount of time spent smoking..." relate to maths o_O
Oh yeah? How is Complex Numbers general maths? :p

FinalFantasy

HSC
hahaha, well i thought square root -1 would be an interesting one to discuss for the topic of maths
dun need to go in depth:p

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
wanna score good easily? do a topic really really related to maths and make up your survey and answer it yourself to score you the marks. LOL...something like, 'at what rate do you think the population of the world is increasing everyday?" or...'how many people in the world do you think die each day"? and make up your answers and find out the correct answer. hehehe...just some thoughts coz it has to do with statistics..

wannapass

HSC
thanx for the ideas guys, they were really helpful, after we do the s urvey we have to make charts and stuff and explain them in da speech, sorry shoulda explained propley hey? but yeah thanx again i appreciate it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)