wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
Ranger Stacie said:
yeah it is possible, but there would probably be sexual tension at some point
better to have sexual tension than sexual fustration :p

HSC
My best friend is a guy (I'm chick) and I liked him from year 8 to year 10. From the end of year 10 we became really good friends, and throughout year 11 we clicked and there's no attraction whatsoever. Sexual shit never comes between us, we're at a great friendship place.

I think you just know when there's no sexual tension or whatever between you.

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
sexual tension.. sexual frustration..

define?! :confused:
whats the diff exactly?

i sorta know what 'sexual frustration' is.. isn't it just impotence?

S

Shuter

I would have to say from experiance and seeing many others. No it doesn't work. Well, usually not in 90% of circumstances, I'm sure there are exceptions.

I'll agree it's possible for them to be just friends, but never really anything close to best friends. Allways feelings (either positive or negative) or wants from either side that the other doesn't want.

Honestly I don't think I have ever seen a situation where it is a guy and a girl who truely just want to hang out with each other constantly, in the same way I do with my best friends. Usually the one of them is fairly annoyed at how much the other is always around, or one of them wants something more from the other one.

I'm sure examples will be provided to the otherwise, but in 90% of cases, this is how it ends up.

~*~Karina~*~

90%? Where did you get your statistics from? Well, i'm gonna give you one of those examples. Me and my best friend (a guy) have been friends for three years, and there's never been anything more to it, although people always wonder because we're so close. You'd definately know the answer...if there was going to be more to it, or if it was purely friendship.

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
belly_moo said:
is it possible for a guy and a girl [both hetero.] who are just really close/good friends to stay that way ? or will it always escalate into something bigger?

your thoughts ....
Yeah, it's more than possible...
most of my closest friends are guys, and nothings going on there. They're kinda like having extra brothers, so if anything happened it'd be weird. Very weird...

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
YESSSS, i have a coupla best friends that r girls, which is cool, coz then u can get their "professional chick opinion" on things...n vice versa

but i did have to be honest with them too, so if u do (even if u like them, if they ask, prolly best to just admit it, chances r they'll appreciate ur honesty, n means u dont have to worry bout it either :p)

Kate_J

might work

I'd say friendships between a guy and a girl could work. I've had the experience before where my bestfriend of a few years was a guy, mainly based on attraction which we would admit. It was all fine until I got a boyfriend, one my boyfriend was jealous and 2 I wanted them both!!! My bestfriend caused problems (not on purpose) all the way through my realtionship with my boyfriend. On the otherhand I'm friends with lots of boys and it will remain that, so basically I think it can work if there is no attraction between you whatsoever.

Sashka

HSC
N/A
It is possible.

However there is a 90% chance something more will evolve.

I ended up in a relationship with one of my best friends. Which is really good at the moment, we're so close normally that its not that much of a change, but I dont know whether its a good idea in the long run.. When things fuck up etc..

(Sorry if I just said stuff which has already been said, cant be fucked reading what all you other ronks wrote )

mayhemily

HSC
Its def possible. My bestest friend in the world is a guy and there has never been anything romantic between us and we've been friends for over 5 years now. The only problem is when you get a bf because, well, mine did anyway, the bf gets jealous of the friend.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
i think you look for the same qualities that you do in a friend as you do a partner, so i think that at one stage or another there will be attraction on one side or both... but I don't think that stops a friendship later on.

S

Shuter

Sashka said:
It is possible.

However there is a 90% chance something more will evolve.

(Sorry if I just said stuff which has already been said, cant be fucked reading what all you other ronks wrote )
Hey someone backed up my "90% of the time it's not possible theory". We now have indisputable proof.

Last edited by a moderator:

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Hell yeah! Of course you can be really close friends with the opposite sex without going further...

Either you're scared of cooties or you fall in love easily...cause most of my best friends are girls...and we've never had a moments thought of dating...

SydGuy17

long story short i hate the fact that my best friend is a girl because i want it to go further but she doesnt want it we have spoken about it and she has basicly told me i have no chance but she still wants to be my friend. then she goes and tells me all the really personal stuff about her and her current bf which really makes me feel bad and even though i've told her this she still does it

basicly i'm doomed because i know i should get over it and damn how i've tryed but i cant

Sophie777

So get a girlfriend and make her jealous. Once you are taken, girls often become interested.

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
Sophie777 said:
So get a girlfriend and make her jealous. Once you are taken, girls often become interested.
ahah thats pretty accurate i think.. i mean.. look at summer and seth cohen on the OC
[or maybe thats a bad example]

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Sophie777 said:
That wont work you idiot.

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
Yes it is.
I had the best friendship of my life with a guy (neither of us were sexually attracted to each other) but it only works if you aren't keen on each other.
HOWEVER, the friendship will end the moment the other one gets a girlfriend/boyfriend... he got a girlfriend and suddenly he still loved me but there just weren't enough hours in the day and its evne worse when the girlfriend doesnt get along with the best friend.
I have a boyfriend now and he was always my good friend, but i miss my best friend and it also proves that unless there's no attraction it will always escalate on some level even if its just a casual hookup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)