just did couple past papers and i got 2/24 for questions 9 and 10 (1 Viewer)

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
i know maths is everywhere, just that there wont be as much pressure when we're using it in real life

adrianp

well if u plan to go to uni and do sciences or engineering than ur meant to be using it all plus adding on from it.. scary considering i mate have to use maths again at uni and i hate it and suck at it so much!

Binky

that's how i feel :( i can't handle this shit anymore! my highest mark for any question in the trial was 6/12! i got 31% as my final mark and i studied for hours!
there's just too much to remember. that's my theory.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Xayma said:
Yes there is. Q9 and Q10 are suppose to differentiate between the top of the candidature not between the rest.
oh boy do I know how you people feel...
3 u students have, undoubtedly, an unfair advantage over straight 2 u students.
the snow question isn't hard when you analyse it from a 3 u perspective.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
bloodysunday said:
lol, that may be true, but i tell you what, 3unit in year 11 was the most jam-packed fastest moving subject ive ever done. i wouldve said the average topic would last about two weeks.
you should try doing 3u year 11 maths + 2u year 12 maths at the same time. Or worse yet, 3u year 12 maths.

Bi0mic

HSC
Yep ... Year 12 2u and 3u in Year 11 :) ... lt me tell you, its painful :p, but yeh approaching the harder 2u questions with a 3u perspective does make life alot easier

Last edited:

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
esp those trig ones since we know the double angle results.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
just because you stuff up qu 9/10 doesn't mean you will go bad

in my 3u trial, for qu7 (the last qu) i only got 1 mark out of 12...but i managed to get one of the highest overall trial marks because i got full marks for the first 4 questions...i screwed 6 and 7 badly but still, it's all abotu strategy- aim to ace all the other qs

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
so how does one go about finding the total distance for those velocity acceleration q's?

kizalia

Just-nick said:
as a general rule i think they usualy make the last questions about 3unit standard to test the 3u kids doing the test, just like the 3u paper ends at 4u standard.

this isnt to say that 2u kids cant do it, you have learnt the stuff you nead, but its just alot more complicated than usual
yes ... thankyou capt obvious for that insightful piece of info ... i think you just got more people worried that they won't be able to do the questions :vcross:

Last edited:

kizalia

Xayma"inhissignature" said:
Now people who play DnD are geeks, so if the only reason I don't play is because of a lack of other players, am I still a geek?
no you aren't a geek ..... you are totally lost ..... playing dungeons and dragons is one thing .... thinking about wishing to play dungeons and dragons ... i hope do well at school i really do

lucyinthehole

Wild Dan Hibiki said:
so how does one go about finding the total distance for those velocity acceleration q's?
if it's a velocity/time graph, integrate it with respect to v. because velocity = distance/time, so distance = velocity x time, ie the area under the graph, which is what intergration finds

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)