Just another question on WAM; does WAM develop from start till graduation :S? (1 Viewer)

didlshak27

HSC
I've been informed that you get/or can check your WAM at the end of each semester.

Now im wondering, do i get different WAMs each semester, each year?

Or the WAM i get at the end of my semester 1, does this WAM develop with my results from semester 2, nxt year sem1 , nxt year sem2 and so on until the graduation, where i get a 'final' WAM?

bit confused here :S pls help out :headbang:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
your wam gets updated after every semester, and after a semester u get ur semester wam, then ur overall wam (for all ur semesters to date)

..if that made sense :eek:

didlshak27

HSC
So simply put, at the end of semester 2 this year, ill have WAM for sem1, WAM for sem2, and the 'overall' WAM for this year. Am i correct ?

dp624

HSC
wow sounds fun - wam stays til graduation

S.T.P

HSC
Another question, im doing law/commerce, if i drop law (trafering to commerce/eco) does my first year law subject count towards my wam?

Vylen

HSC
Your WAM only get reset if you change uni.
incorrect, your WAM gets reset if you change school... so say you decided to drop your Economics degree, you would transfer to the Arts school and your WAM would reset

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
incorrect, your WAM gets reset if you change school... so say you decided to drop your Economics degree, you would transfer to the Arts school and your WAM would reset
Incorrect, all your other subjects will be on your transcript and carry over.

Vylen

HSC
Of course they would still be on your transcript - never said they wouldnt be. but your WAM would still reset after the degree/school change

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
I've always only ever heard of the WAM carrying over. Have you got any proof it doesn't? I know several people who have dropped half their degrees but hold their WAM (wondering what might be different in their cases).

Vylen

HSC
Well, my only proof is other people saying their WAM reset after change of degree and school. And a subsequent discussion how only a change of degree that results in a change of school would cause the reset....

Yea.. anecdotal evidence... but they had no reason to lie heh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)