JuSt A qUiCk QuEsTiOn ---- In ThE ExAm CaN i Do A diFfeRent TopiC ThAn We studied? (1 Viewer)

Tammie

What i was wondering in the last section studies in international conflict etc is it possible to do a different topic than what you class studied. We did the cold war. But when i looked at the sylabus for the UN topic i knew almost all of it from legal studies and my own interests would it be possible for me to do this essay in the HSC instead of the Cold War one?

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
Please don't 'tYpE lIkE ThIs' - its really annoying.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Technically, it's possible and people HAVE done it. But generally, say 99%, dont do it well because what they THOUGHT was suffficient turned out to be lacking the requirements/components of the question, which need a thorough teaching in terms of Modern history classes not legal classes. It really is up to you. Nobody can really judge your knowledge in terms of your post but it might be wise to be wary of making such a decision. Good luck :)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
max said:
Please don't 'tYpE lIkE ThIs' - its really annoying.
It was only the title. She typed normally for the post and I think that should be appreciated.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
ring up the advice line
they'd be able to tell u if u would get marks

i don't think you would be able to do it in as much detail
and the same way as if you were taught it by a history teacher

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I think it's risky... very risky. I would stick with what you were taught in class... it's so late as well! If you decided in June that you wanted to do UN then maybe you could have gotten all the information you need, but I personally think it would be really silly to do a different module at such a late stage.

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
umm....u could if u wanted to? but why would you do that? u must have learned something in class that u can write down. i suppose if u knew the syllabus of another topic and learnnt it somewhere else u could attempt it? i wouldnt do it personally

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
Nooooo way. Remember what you learn about the UN in legal is looking at it from a totally different perspective to history. You need to comment on different concepts, manipulate your points in a different way, and it helps if you've read some historians who have something to say on it. Remember what you know about it is relevant to legal, and while it may overlap into modern, you're not oging to have the knowledge of people who've studied it in history.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
its way too l8 now, but u claim u know the stuff thru legal, the best way to check if this perspectibve can u get u thru 2morrow is by doing wat mizz_smee sed, call the advice line..i srsly wudnt botha, as much as i h8 indochina, i still wudnt dare changing

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
you're answer of "yes" is oh so constructive after all the posts here. Nit picking on a thread title is just pathetic.

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
But if it becomes an eyesore to squint and read then I think its justified.

Also, no. I'd stick to your assigned topic.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Be honest with yourself. Did u really kill yourself squinting to read ONE line of writing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)