Just a question... (1 Viewer)

Evertonian

HSC
In your report, you should:
• outline how e-commerce can assist Elaine to maintain relationships with overseas distributors

explain ONE distribution strategy for the overseas market

evaluate ONE method which could be used to finance the expansion.

I dont understand the one in bold, what do they mean by distribution strategy?

Revelrous

HSC
explain
· v.
1 make (something) clear by describing it in more detail.

one
. cardinal number
1 single, or a single person or thing. Ø denoting a particular item of a pair or number of items. Ø (before a person’s name) a certain. Ø

distribute /dI"strIbju;t, "dIstrIbju;t/
· v.
1 hand or share out to a number of recipients.
2 (be distributed) be spread over an area.
3 supply (goods) to retailers.
4 Logic use (a term) to include every individual of the class to which it refers.
– DERIVATIVES distributable adj. distribution n. distributional adj.
– ORIGIN ME: from L. distribut-, distribuere ‘divide up’.

strategy /"stratIdZi/
· n. (pl. strategies)
1 a plan designed to achieve a particular long-term aim.
2 the art of planning and directing military activity in a war or battle. Often contrasted with tactics (see tactic). Ø a plan so devised.
– DERIVATIVES strategist n. strategize (also strategise) v. (N. Amer.).
– ORIGIN C19: from Fr. stratégie, from Gk stratUgia ‘generalship’, from stratUgos (see stratagem).

for
· prep.
1 in favour of.
2 affecting or with regard to.
3 on behalf of or to the benefit of.
4 having as a purpose or function.
5 having as a reason or cause.
6 having as a destination.
7 representing.
8 in exchange for. Ø charged as (a price).
9 in relation to the expected norm of.
10 indicating the extent of (a distance) or the length of (a period of time).
11 indicating an occasion in a series.
· conj. poetic/literary because; since.
– PHRASES be for it Brit. informal be about to be punished or get into trouble. oh for —— I long for ——.
– ORIGIN OE, prob. a reduction of a Gmc prep. meaning ‘before’ (in place or time); rel. to Ger. für, also to fore.

the
· det.
1 denoting one or more people or things already mentioned or assumed to be common knowledge; the definite article. Ø used to refer to a person, place, or thing that is unique. Ø (with a unit of time) the present. Ø informal used instead of a possessive. Ø used with a surname to refer to a family or married couple.
2 used to point forward to a following qualifying or defining clause or phrase. Ø (chiefly with rulers and family members with the same name) used after a name to qualify it.
3 used to make a generalized reference rather than identifying a particular instance.
4 enough of.
5 (pronounced stressing ‘the’) used to indicate that someone or something is the best known or most important of that name or type.
6 used adverbially with comparatives to indicate how one amount or degree of something varies in relation to another. Ø (usu. all the ——) used to emphasize the amount or degree to which something is affected.
– ORIGIN OE se, sUo, thæt, ult. superseded by forms from Northumbrian and North Mercian thU, of Gmc origin.

overseas
· adv. in or to a foreign country.
· adj. from, to, or relating to a foreign country.
· n. foreign countries regarded collectively.

market
· n.
1 a regular gathering of people for the purchase and sale of provisions, livestock, and other commodities. Ø an open space or covered building where vendors convene to sell their goods.
2 an area or arena in which commercial dealings are conducted: the labour market.
3 a demand for a particular commodity or service. Ø [often as modifier] the free market; the operation of supply and demand: market forces.
4 a stock market.
· v. (marketed, marketing)
1 advertise or promote.
2 dated buy or sell goods in a market.
– PHRASES be in the market for wish to buy. make a market Finance take part in active dealing in shares or other assets. on the market available for sale.
– DERIVATIVES marketer n.
– ORIGIN ME, via Anglo-Norman Fr. from L. mercatus, from mercari ‘buy’ (see also merchant).

i hope that helped

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
Basically revolves around these three points:

• Distribution Channels (from business to where?)

• Channel Choice (how accessible the product/service is)

• Physical distribution (transportation, storage, inventory control)

Evertonian

HSC
OHHH lol, that global part at the end threw me off when it said overseas market. Surprisingly i got 93 for trials, i just hope this doesnt come up...

Evertonian

HSC
explain
· v.
1 make (something) clear by describing it in more detail.

one
. cardinal number
1 single, or a single person or thing. Ø denoting a particular item of a pair or number of items. Ø (before a person’s name) a certain. Ø

distribute /dI"strIbju;t, "dIstrIbju;t/
· v.
1 hand or share out to a number of recipients.
2 (be distributed) be spread over an area.
3 supply (goods) to retailers.
4 Logic use (a term) to include every individual of the class to which it refers.
– DERIVATIVES distributable adj. distribution n. distributional adj.
– ORIGIN ME: from L. distribut-, distribuere ‘divide up’.

strategy /"stratIdZi/
· n. (pl. strategies)
1 a plan designed to achieve a particular long-term aim.
2 the art of planning and directing military activity in a war or battle. Often contrasted with tactics (see tactic). Ø a plan so devised.
– DERIVATIVES strategist n. strategize (also strategise) v. (N. Amer.).
– ORIGIN C19: from Fr. stratégie, from Gk stratUgia ‘generalship’, from stratUgos (see stratagem).

for
· prep.
1 in favour of.
2 affecting or with regard to.
3 on behalf of or to the benefit of.
4 having as a purpose or function.
5 having as a reason or cause.
6 having as a destination.
7 representing.
8 in exchange for. Ø charged as (a price).
9 in relation to the expected norm of.
10 indicating the extent of (a distance) or the length of (a period of time).
11 indicating an occasion in a series.
· conj. poetic/literary because; since.
– PHRASES be for it Brit. informal be about to be punished or get into trouble. oh for —— I long for ——.
– ORIGIN OE, prob. a reduction of a Gmc prep. meaning ‘before’ (in place or time); rel. to Ger. für, also to fore.

the
· det.
1 denoting one or more people or things already mentioned or assumed to be common knowledge; the definite article. Ø used to refer to a person, place, or thing that is unique. Ø (with a unit of time) the present. Ø informal used instead of a possessive. Ø used with a surname to refer to a family or married couple.
2 used to point forward to a following qualifying or defining clause or phrase. Ø (chiefly with rulers and family members with the same name) used after a name to qualify it.
3 used to make a generalized reference rather than identifying a particular instance.
4 enough of.
5 (pronounced stressing ‘the’) used to indicate that someone or something is the best known or most important of that name or type.
6 used adverbially with comparatives to indicate how one amount or degree of something varies in relation to another. Ø (usu. all the ——) used to emphasize the amount or degree to which something is affected.
– ORIGIN OE se, sUo, thæt, ult. superseded by forms from Northumbrian and North Mercian thU, of Gmc origin.

overseas
· adv. in or to a foreign country.
· adj. from, to, or relating to a foreign country.
· n. foreign countries regarded collectively.

market
· n.
1 a regular gathering of people for the purchase and sale of provisions, livestock, and other commodities. Ø an open space or covered building where vendors convene to sell their goods.
2 an area or arena in which commercial dealings are conducted: the labour market.
3 a demand for a particular commodity or service. Ø [often as modifier] the free market; the operation of supply and demand: market forces.
4 a stock market.
· v. (marketed, marketing)
1 advertise or promote.
2 dated buy or sell goods in a market.
– PHRASES be in the market for wish to buy. make a market Finance take part in active dealing in shares or other assets. on the market available for sale.
– DERIVATIVES marketer n.
– ORIGIN ME, via Anglo-Norman Fr. from L. mercatus, from mercari ‘buy’ (see also merchant).

i hope that helped
ily

Dreams

HSC
Im curious on what your answer would be for this one. Share? :3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)