just a mate (1 Viewer)

V

val_dramaqueen

am i the only one around here who is only seen by guys as "The Mate"? the one you have a drink with but would never go out with? the one who's a laugh?

i am constantly "The Mate" and it's shit!!

anyone else in the same boat? any advice?

and also... dating a mate... good or bad?

lengstar

HSC
i have to same problem with girls. i always end up as there friends.

V

val_dramaqueen

i tried to get to know this guy cause i seriously liked him... and now we're best mates!! gahhh!! :p

its crap, hey!

V

val_dramaqueen

you mean, guys have to put up with it too? damn!

what are we going to do? hehehe

lengstar

HSC
ah well. its best to get to know something about the person first. i don't like random pickups.

V

val_dramaqueen

except, that... i get to know people and then they're like "man, she's a cool mate" and that's it!

throw me a frikkin bone here scott....

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
ohhhhhh this... jeez, many people can relate to you girly!
Even Seinfeld tackled this - the "friend" zone, actually Chris ROck did too -

"Women get to have platonic friends...Men dont have platonic friends, okay, we just have women we havent F*cked YET!
As soon as i figure this out, im in there!
Look, we, i mean , i got some platonic friends, but ohhhh no, i got some but they all by accident, every platonic friend i got, is someone i was trying to f*ck, i made a wrong turn somewhere and ended up in the friend zone!"

Lol.. so fear not Val, we're all in the same shonky boat.

bubble_tea

better than having every guy friend being friendly with you just so they can ask you out

V

val_dramaqueen

Atotoi said:
ohhhhhh this... jeez, many people can relate to you girly!
Even Seinfeld tackled this - the "friend" zone, actually Chris ROck did too -

"Women get to have platonic friends...Men dont have platonic friends, okay, we just have women we havent F*cked YET!
As soon as i figure this out, im in there!
Look, we, i mean , i got some platonic friends, but ohhhh no, i got some but they all by accident, every platonic friend i got, is someone i was trying to f*ck, i made a wrong turn somewhere and ended up in the friend zone!"

Lol.. so fear not Val, we're all in the same shonky boat.
hehehehehe, nice work... lol
i spose so... but it sure is crap though! still.. could be worse... could have NO friends! *gasp*

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
I would advise against making moves on friends esp really good friends.. now that I think back it seems like such a stupid thing to do - I lost a very good friend, and even when it ended we still said "lets just be friends again" .. but yeh it never really turned out like that..

V

val_dramaqueen

eLmo said:
I would advise against making moves on friends esp really good friends.. now that I think back it seems like such a stupid thing to do - I lost a very good friend, and even when it ended we still said "lets just be friends again" .. but yeh it never really turned out like that..
damn....
**note to self* get over best friend*

lengstar

HSC
mz_bubbletea said:
better than having every guy friend being friendly with you just so they can ask you out
haha i know a girl in that situation. she lost all her guy friends when she recently broke up and they all asked her out. i promised i wouldn't hit on her. :p

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
mack said:
The worst thing about that "nice guy" stage is that it is a brick wall. You can go no further.
:uhhuh:This man speaks the truth!:uhhuh:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
"nice guy" stage, ahh the stage i love. (not)

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
the friend zone

god i think ive been living there for quite a while now- but how do u jump over that brick wall?? cause it kills u when u realise u want a friend to be something more and u cant do anything about it

damn hot kiwi chicks will be the end of me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)