jus a few questions (1 Viewer)

bubu

i got my uai and i can get into aeronautical engineerin yay... but not aerospace i was wonderin if to get a laptop or destop computer and wat system linux, microsoft or apple and how fast and stuff to run the programs i need

and do employees realli care if u get distinction or hd average in the course and is it worth it doin a masters and a phd in engineering straight after or is experience more better in the aero industry or is doin a mba better to get a better job which pays more :)

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
You don't need a laptop. Just use the labs at uni. They have all the programs you need. There's nothing you can really do with a laptop in first year that can't be done using uni computers anyway.

However if you insist on getting one, engineering runs on Windows. First year program includes SolidWorks for 3D CAD and Matlab for programming. The latter doesn't need a lot of computing power (unless you accidentally write some double for loop with 10000 iterations). The first one I'm not sure, but mech lab S345 have P4 3+GHz processors, while another one has PIII and the difference in rendering is pretty noticeable.

As for employment etc, I can't really answer since I don't know anything about it.

bubu

oh ok

since i can get into aeronautics and i think its the stream i want, do u think i should do flex. first year so if i do better i can do the space stream

so how hard is it to get a wam of 75

and i cant find the course outline of wat will be covered and not

i thought i found it in last years handbook with fluid mechanics and materials 1 but it didnt go into detail into how much depth i should go into each area

can someone please give me a brief outline of wat fluid mechanics to cover, ie fluid statics, dimensional analysis

thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)