Juno (2 Viewers)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
it was pretty good. heatwarming :eek:

i thought i was gonna see sum pedo action :(

mike cera is hot

i really don't like kimya dawsons voice though, i grimaced when i heard her voice in the film

Last edited:

spiny norman

HSC
Those first ten minutes were painful, as every line tried to be some great one liner and generally failed.

After that (about the time Michael Cera's character got introduced, and they were done setting up Juno as this super-quirky character) I grew to enjoy it quite a bit, though I never got into her best friend, where all the other characters worked for me.

Almost, anyway. How could a girl who digs Iggy & the Stooges, Patti Smith, Mott the Hoople and The Moldy Peaches etc not have heard any song by Sonic Youth?

Also, there was a girl who sat behind me, who audibly laughed three times in the cinema. Each time was in the previews, when someone in the shitty comedies they were advertising got hit in the head with something. Man, she loved that shit - each time she laughed was more uproarious than the last.

Last edited:

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Good flick. Not sure it deserves all the nominations it's getting but it's definitely worth the watch.

Is it just me or did the time-frame of that movie seem a bit ambiguous (one one hand you have pretty modern studio equipment of (LCD monitors etc) that guy Jason Bateman played, but everything else about the props (still using VHS on a huge TV?) and dialogue ("thundercats are go?") was like from 10-15 years ago)...or am i just not used to indie fashion? :p

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
saw it today. adored it. laughed and cried till i was drained.

i want to fuck ellen page so hard, she is amazing. <3

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
spiny norman said:
Almost, anyway. How could a girl who digs Iggy & the Stooges, Patti Smith, Mott the Hoople and The Moldy Peaches etc not have heard any song by Sonic Youth?
i thought that too. she liked all my music except sonic youth, it was weird.

loved the soundtrack with belle and sebastian featuring heavily, though.

jessica.ann

HSC
this was one of the best movies ive seen in ages
and the soundtrack brought alot to the film i thought
love the moldy peaches they make me laugh

walrusbear

HSC
spiny norman said:
Those first ten minutes were painful, as every line tried to be some great one liner and generally failed.
agreed
i thought it was going to be a complete ball fest

'silencio'
'honest to blog'
'fo shizz up the spazz'

fuck that is terrible

not sure what to say about it in general
it was ok

can't believe reitman is up for best director
what a slap to the face of andrew dominik, for one

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
ps regarding the soundtrack it was kind of pretentions indie twee pop imo, wasn't the worlds biggest fan

the movie itself was great though!

icecreamdisco

HSC
according to an article on the film, ellen page selected the soundtrack because she thought that was the kind of music juno would listen to.

i think that should be used against her winning the oscar.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
wouldn't juno listen to like... the stooges and patti smith? i was so excited when i saw her records, i wish the actual soundtrack was like that.

icecreamdisco

HSC
maybe the soundtrack in relation to what she says she listens to was supposed to highlight the vulnerability beneath her tough/wiseass exterior.

dunno why i didn't think of that before.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
I actually thought the idea of the soundtrack was that it's the sort of music she created, like it was a post-hoc narration of the events as she'd written them in song... this being alluded to with the song at the end that they do.

Btw I also hated the music.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)