junk mail (1 Viewer)

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
is everyone getting junk mail sent to their uni email by other uni students??

if you are, be careful.. my anti virus picked up like 2 viruses from the emails!!

highpingbastard

Lag me hard!
HSC
yeah i got it....i think there's a command that if you type in the recipient's address as "everyone" or something like that, then your mail gets sent to all students of MQ.

And when you reply, the mail sends to all students once again.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol yeah

i just checked and i have 20 more!

some of them are funny, like people have no idea and so reply asking who the person is

thanks for the virus warning, i will be weary

edit: i just realised redruM's screen name could be read backwards, it too me a long tome to realise evilc could be read backwards as well

Last edited:

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
iambored said:
lol yeah
edit: i just realised redruM's screen name could be read backwards, it too me a long tome to realise evilc could be read backwards as well
LOL.. i just realised when you mentioned it.. hahahaha... it didn't occur to me to read it backwards?!?!

yeah we got unimail... go to the mq site> student> email....

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
jlh said:
LOL.. i just realised when you mentioned it.. hahahaha... it didn't occur to me to read it backwards?!?!

yeah we got unimail... go to the mq site> student> email....
yeah i saw the capital M and thought maybe it signaled that it was a word backwards...

you didn't realise we had e-mail, i thought you didn't realise your address would have e-mails in it. as above, or bookmark it http://mail.student.mq.edu.au

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
i have never used that email...what is the username and password supposed to be?

iab, you solved a great mystery! :p

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
your username is the same as your webct one...
but your password might be different considering you haven't used it... it would be your original password with those two letters followed by your DOB...

don't you hate how MQ has so many different types of login's and passwords for each student?!?!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
jlh said:
your username is the same as your webct one...
but your password might be different considering you haven't used it... it would be your original password with those two letters followed by your DOB...

don't you hate how MQ has so many different types of login's and passwords for each student?!?!
yeah there are too many logins, did you do the computer questionnaire? on of the questions was "how many passwords do you have to remember for uni?" i wrote something like 5, i really want them to fix their computer system!

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
LoL i checked my MQ mail for the first time since O-week 2day & i got 36 unread msgs! :rolleyes:

Does ne1 actually use their uni mail account as their main email address? Its probly my 3rd choice behind my Hotmail & Yahoo! accts.

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
redrum
o_O
isnt that from that horror movie?
adaptation from a stephen kings nodel if im not wrong?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
boinkBOINK said:
redrum
o_O
isnt that from that horror movie?
adaptation from a stephen kings nodel if im not wrong?
maybe...but thats not where i adpated it from.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
AcStyle* said:
LoL i checked my MQ mail for the first time since O-week 2day & i got 36 unread msgs! :rolleyes:

Does ne1 actually use their uni mail account as their main email address? Its probly my 3rd choice behind my Hotmail & Yahoo! accts.
no, i only use it for lecturers or internal uni things

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
iambored said:
yeah there are too many logins, did you do the computer questionnaire? on of the questions was "how many passwords do you have to remember for uni?" i wrote something like 5, i really want them to fix their computer system!
yeah i filled out that questionaire... i said i had like 4 different login/passwords to remember.. they really should have a central system that only requires you to have 1 login/password to access everything!!!

AcStyle* said:
LoL i checked my MQ mail for the first time since O-week 2day & i got 36 unread msgs!

you can re- direct your uni mail so that everything gets forwarded to your primary email.. thats what i've done...

*hopeful*

HSC
omg i checked my email 4 the 1st time since the first week in march n i've got like 53 msgz
99% wuz those crappy chain letters or wateva

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol

i can't believe there are so many people kept replying, but i suppose out of 30 000, if 15 000 check their e mail you're bound to get 10 people

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
uh you should be able to read them as long as you dont open any attachments!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)