• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

June Rounds and July Round fails (1 Viewer)

kingofgames

HSC
N/A
Hey guys i've been having a terrible time going to a uni far from home so 1.5 ways in to my course i tried to transfer out to a much more comfortably located uni. My atar's not amazing but it's ok i have a 78, but my GPA suffered from sheer proximity to my uni and the terrible ideological mistake of continually choosing difficult courses (which i still think i could had smashed had i been in better circumstances).

So yes i tried to transfer out in the june and july round for courses well within my ATAR range if you count my 5 bonus points from band 5s i have around 83 atar. I got nothing for June Round 2 and July Round 1. Just to be smart i put courses much higher than my ATAR range at the top 4 or 5 like UNSW commerce while i put 70s and 80s range courses below. I got no offers, Is this normal?

I don't think i can salvage my GPA anymore i failed 3 units in first year (getting only credit and all passes in the rest, i kept coming in with a credit or d average and being smashed at finals), i retook the three units this semester but took the harder maths and stat version of 2 of the units i failed (long story, basically to prove myself). I smashed out 90s and 78-80s in the first easier unit i retook and managed to just above pass in the two harder units but i got overwhelmed and got smashed in the finals for all 3. While the first i'm sure i passed i'm very worried about the two harder harder one's i'm pretty sure i have potentially failed a fifth unit from 3. I'm scared i may be kicked out haha but i've heard of worst students. I actually believe i'm not this bad of a student i'm just a bit of a perfectionist and that gets in the way specially in my circumstance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)