July Intake 2011 (1 Viewer)

BlueTomato

HSC
So Who else is joining the july intake :D and will u or will u not be going for orientation?

i know its a bit early but at least anyone else considering it yet?

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
The July intake is always smaller than the beginning of year intake, so there's a good chance you'll be able to make friends (more than usual) at the orientation.

Definitely attend it if you can. I ~may~ be there to help out.

BlueTomato

HSC
The July intake is always smaller than the beginning of year intake, so there's a good chance you'll be able to make friends (more than usual) at the orientation.

Definitely attend it if you can. I ~may~ be there to help out.

Oh..I actually tot it wud be the bigger intake ,lol you'll come to check out the newbies? :D

spence

HSC
I'm considering a midyear transfer to arts-psych. What course are you doing bluetomato?

spence

HSC
Yeah I'm at Sydney, but Mac seems better for me for a few reasons

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I've literally met three people who've transferred from USYD this semester (for various reasons) oddly enough.

samcase

HSC
Hey guys, just wanted to know if macquarie only sends offers out during main round for mid-year entry?

I got an atar of 90, and I wanted to get into the arts/commmerce course @ macq.
Do you think this will be enough?

Thanks,
Sam

spence

HSC
Hey guys, just wanted to know if macquarie only sends offers out during main round for mid-year entry?

I got an atar of 90, and I wanted to get into the arts/commmerce course @ macq.
Do you think this will be enough?

Thanks,
Sam
I think they only do main round, not positive though.

I would assume that would be enough, from what I hear cutoffs are usually similar for midyear as for start of year entry. But if there isn't that many spaces available it could go up a lot

samcase

HSC
Thanks for your reply! I hope I can get in, I tried to get into arts at usyd last year mid year but the atar cut off was 94!

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
USYD (b art) >>>>>>transferring>>>>>>> UNSW (b advance science/normal science)

breanna1992

HSC
N/A
I'm applying for mid year Arts/Science! :)
I have USyd as my first pref for liberal arts and sciences. Only because I didn't get the marks for their arts/science course :(
anyone got advice, is macquarie or uSyd better?

maybe see some of you around! :D

shoutoutloud

HSC
I am going to the orientation. Studying education so if your going and are new to the uni like i will be hit me up with a private message. I am a little bit nervous but excited.

See you there!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
For those new students, we're changing the way Orientations are structured a little this year. Drawing on feedback from the start of the year there was a demand for information sessions that were a bit more specific, and so we're offering 4 major sessions for the mid-year orientation.

http://www.mq.edu.au/transition/academic-orientation/information-sessions-workshops/

Make sure to register in them and check them out!

samcase

HSC
update* got an atar of 90 , applied through UAC mid year entry into
B Arts/B Com @ Macq
B Arts @ Macq
didn't get in. obviously lots of other people wanted to do those two degrees, and so atar went up. a lot.

Atlas

HSC
N/A
For those new students, we're changing the way Orientations are structured a little this year. Drawing on feedback from the start of the year there was a demand for information sessions that were a bit more specific, and so we're offering 4 major sessions for the mid-year orientation.

http://www.mq.edu.au/transition/academic-orientation/information-sessions-workshops/

Make sure to register in them and check them out!
Make sure you check out the student societies who will also be there on the day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)