jr question (1 Viewer)

carrotsss

HSC
One way to think about it: say for 2, to get it to 4 you have to square it, and then likewise for 4, you have to root it (ie power of 1/2) to get to 2. Basically, the power to get it back (or the power when they’re swapped) is the reciprocal of the original power, and hence log(a)(c)=1/log(c)(a) and the same follows for the rest of them

nsw..wollongong

HSC
i get ittt tysm!!

also im kinda lost with part b of this question, why are they finding the absolute value of the integral? Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 11.23.42 am.png

SB257426

Very Important User
HSC
i get ittt tysm!!

also im kinda lost with part b of this question, why are they finding the absolute value of the integral? View attachment 40560
this is because the integral can yield a negative value which means it can refer to displacement when this is the case. But since we are looking for a distance we must take the absolute value instead.....

Big_Kev

HSC
could also think of it like velocity graph is under x axis for a part of that specific interval, so since ur finding "area" under the curve, u obv wanna absolute value the part under the x axis as opposed to finding the "value", where u wouldn't abs 🫣

nsw..wollongong

HSC
could also think of it like velocity graph is under x axis for a part of that specific interval, so since ur finding "area" under the curve, u obv wanna absolute value the part under the x axis as opposed to finding the "value", where u wouldn't abs 🫣
how do u know that the v graph is under the axis tho? like i didn't even think of it that way

Big_Kev

HSC
am i stupid or am i not seeing a negative value im so sorry where is it 😭
dw it's not easy to see with just the equation - but if u take a look at the graph, you'll notice that there's a small part between 0 & 0.25 which is under the axis, and then the rest (between 0.25 and 0.5 like they ask in the Q) is above the axis so u just absolute that first bit between 0 & 0.25 and normally integrate between 0.25 & 0.5
Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 12.36.23 pm.png

nsw..wollongong

HSC
dw it's not easy to see with just the equation - but if u take a look at the graph, you'll notice that there's a small part between 0 & 0.25 which is under the axis, and then the rest (between 0.25 and 0.5 like they ask in the Q) is above the axis so u just absolute that first bit
View attachment 40562
OHHH i get it! in the exam tho how would i get that? since i only have the equation. for these types of questions should i always draw the graph to see if any part lies below the axis?

carrotsss

HSC
OHHH i get it! in the exam tho how would i get that? since i only have the equation. for these types of questions should i always draw the graph to see if any part lies below the axis?
pretty much, you don’t have to completely draw a graph but you can just simply sub in t=0 and it becomes clear that it’s less than 0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)