JOURNEYS creative writing (1 Viewer)

lorikeet

New Year's Eve
HSC
Hey everybody, just out of interest, what have you decided to do for the journeys creative writing section of the exam?

That is if you've decided already...
and if you're actually going to pre plan it....

jkwii

Ultimate Member
HSC
well, i got 2 ideas to use and a pre-prepared story however, i may need to adapt the story to an image or a quote.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
jkwii said:
well, i got 2 ideas to use and a pre-prepared story however, i may need to adapt the story to an image or a quote.
The point of creative writing is to assess your creativity.
So if your pre-planned story or stories don't match the question at all, you will have to seriously use your imagination, and quickly answer it with no time to waste.
Happened to me.

HSC
well a creative for journeys was part of our 1st assessment at the end of last year.... so we've all got one and its been marked and improved on.

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
When writing for journeys, or a stimuli like an image, just remember, it isn't greatly important so long as you have a good prepared response ready and adapt it a little.

They're not looking for a story completely centered around the stimulus. If they give a picture of mountains and a map (they did this for a 2007 Trial I hear) then you dont have to base it around a spy story with maps and heavily rugged mountains.

Just keep your prepared response about the Journey with minor hints at an underlying theme based on the stimuli.

e.g (with Maps and Mountains in mind) The journey isnt all planned and has inner and physical challanges
or the journey is sometimes based outside the borders of our defined reality

Something like that. Don't throw your prepared response out the window if the stimulus doesn't work for you; in inevitably will have some factor that makes it universal.

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
Forbidden. said:
The point of creative writing is to assess your creativity.
So if your pre-planned story or stories don't match the question at all, you will have to seriously use your imagination, and quickly answer it with no time to waste.
Happened to me.
That's true but once again, they're not looking for the stimuli being central; and its often the better responses who can link it subtely and effectively. Not all the time but often.

stellalivi

HSC
I'm going with a Physical Journey piece because it is easier :)
trials next week!

sing4absolution

HSC
My teacher is a top HSC marker, she essentially said not to worry about the stimulus, one sentence is sufficent to link it.
and that she has given out band 6's to people who didnt even use the stimulus.
i suposse if your language and storyline are worthy of a band 6, they wont make you down to badly.

lorikeet

New Year's Eve
HSC
sing4absolution said:
My teacher is a top HSC marker, she essentially said not to worry about the stimulus, one sentence is sufficent to link it.
and that she has given out band 6's to people who didnt even use the stimulus.
Yeah, I've heard that as well.
Besides, in the trial i just did the other day, it took me like 25 minutes to write my creative writing (the one I used in my half yearly, improved) and then I had heaps of time to do the rest. And my english teacher told me today he was marking the creative wrtiting and I got 15/15, so yeah, prepared all the way!

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
lorikeet said:
Yeah, I've heard that as well.
Besides, in the trial i just did the other day, it took me like 25 minutes to write my creative writing (the one I used in my half yearly, improved) and then I had heaps of time to do the rest. And my english teacher told me today he was marking the creative wrtiting and I got 15/15, so yeah, prepared all the way!
Congrats. :) I'm trying to write one now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)