Journey themes... (1 Viewer)

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
Okay, I was just wondering if people could post up the themes they have for journeys (physical, imaginative and inner) to help those of us - or mmaybe just me - who haven't prepared a creative writing story. It doesn't matter where you get the themes from, even if they are from the stimulus booklet or related texts. I was just thinking it might help people to make a stronger connection to the "concept of journey" in their writing. Thanks

Dr_Doom

HSC
As in themes, do you mean concepts?

Here's a few:

Experiences
Choices
Outcomes
Consequences
Growth

Tim035

HSC
If we knew the outcome of our journey before we began, then most of us would never begin.

bilbi

HSC
importance of compainionship, what you learnt about yourself and the world around you, greater understandings blah blah. pretty much anything..! good luck!

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
Dr_Doom said:
As in themes, do you mean concepts?

Here's a few:

Experiences
Choices
Outcomes
Consequences
Growth
not exactly "concepts". I mean like, for instance, physical journeys help people to escape from their mundane lives, or journeys let people broaden their horizons, or stuff like that?...Mine aren't very good that's all...

p.s -> I saw your exam timetable in your sig, and I feel really sorry for you... an exam tomorrow, 2 the
next day...good luck!

Oh and thanks for the suggestions everybody

Dr_Doom

HSC
*Ninny-mole* said:
not exactly "concepts". I mean like, for instance, physical journeys help people to escape from their mundane lives, or journeys let people broaden their horizons, or stuff like that?...Mine aren't very good that's all...

p.s -> I saw your exam timetable in your sig, and I feel really sorry for you... an exam tomorrow, 2 the
next day...good luck!

Oh and thanks for the suggestions everybody
Yeah but I've spread out my study. I did all english yesterday, and doing all "metal work" supposedly today :p. Plus music isn't the hardest thing in the world. I just gotta make sure I remember everything :|

number-8

HSC
hey guys im in the same boat as yous and hav nothin prepared for a creative writing...i usually come up with ones on the spot in the exam and sometimes it pays off but this is the big cheese and i would love to prepare somethin...wat have you guys used previously?

Also it would be great if you guys could share your "thesis" with me so i can get some ideas?....lol...mine is about decisions and choices but im not sure it will fit that good....HELP

Dr_Doom

HSC
number-8 said:
hey guys im in the same boat as yous and hav nothin prepared for a creative writing...i usually come up with ones on the spot in the exam and sometimes it pays off but this is the big cheese and i would love to prepare somethin...wat have you guys used previously?

Also it would be great if you guys could share your "thesis" with me so i can get some ideas?....lol...mine is about decisions and choices but im not sure it will fit that good....HELP
You should focus on 'The Journey' rather than choices and decisions, because that's a whole other topic. You can include them in your story, but just don't make them the main theme/concept.

Try creating a physical journey that is a metaphor for life or an inner journey..

number-8

HSC
nah my story isnt based on decisisis or main idea is that journeys are created and guided by the decisions made within them...etc...do you no wat i mean?....and i was just wonderin what everyoneelses thesis or main idea is for section 3?...but thankyou for the advice for section 2

Dr_Doom

HSC

zigzagchik

HSC
gosh, my story isnt nearly as complicated as any of you guys'
But then again, Im doing physical journeys, so I guess thats the main theme. Haha, now I feel so inadequate :bomb:

Dr_Doom

HSC
*Love-2-Hate-U* said:
I don't even have a creative writing piece prepared :l

I'll make it up on the spot.
That was exactly what I was like 2 days ago. But I wrote one anyone, and feel heaps more confident, just in case I get a mental blank and can't think of anything.

zigzagchik

HSC
I just want to memorise my English Extension stuff, screw advanced. Have not done a gram of study for music. Am having guilt.

Dr_Doom

HSC
zigzagchik said:
I just want to memorise my English Extension stuff, screw advanced. Have not done a gram of study for music. Am having guilt.
I absolutely hate studying for music.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)