josh groban (1 Viewer)

homestar

hey has anyone heard of this guy? he is an excellent singer, and sung a song for the movie "Troy" - called "remember me". what are your thoughts?

capsicum

HSC
Oooh!! yeah, he's great as a singer!! I haven't heard "remember me" yet, but the song i love at the moment - even though it was released last year - is "you raise me up". you must see the video clip! it's absolutely uplifting, inspiring and just so beautiful! i felt like dancing, singing in a choir and playing the violin with an orchestra after watching the clip. but yeah, "you raise me up" is a thumbs up for me! ;)

homestar

yeh i love that song too, but i think that my favourite is oceano or something. it is so bea utiful and the way it just continually rises throughout its pace is just extraordinary!:uhhuh:

homestar

really you haven't heard josh gobans music? that can't be ! you have got to listen to him sing, it is just so cool. i can't believe it, well actually i can, surprisingly he is not as popular as many people think. that is only because he sings different music compared to what most people listen to today.

capsicum

HSC
i havent heard any of his other songs but the one i mentioned earlier. i downloaded his album but it turned out to be all instrumental. did you download or buy his album, homestar?

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
I've heard him, my mum's like obsessed with him.
We listen to him in the car and yodel along to him in Italian.
It's not my usual style, but it can be fun to sing to.

chepas

HSC
Yay Josh Groban... "You Raise Me Up" is going to be done at the Schools Spectacular this year... 'twill be funny... :D

My absolute favourite at the moment is 'For Always' (not the duet with Lara Fabian - on he 'In Concert' CD). Also 'Alla luce del sole', and any odd-numbered song on the 'Closer' disc :D. Actually, there aren't many songs of his I don't like... well, except Caruso... sounds like he's rushing for life to get the words out.

Anyway... Why can't he just tour Australia already! He's doing a leg in Asia, Europe and in South Africa October/November, why can't he stop over here! :(

chepas

HSC
Yeah.. the only way :D. How dodge is it that people release 23543276520837 versions (well, 3 ;)) of the same album, but with two less songs and one less DVD, and all that sort of jazz. I don't get it. Why? Of course, for money but still it's bloody annoying! (Apparently they're's an "Internet Edition" of Closer that has another two songs on top of the 15 on the Closer+DVD! My December and something else I forget.. It's crazy...).

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I went to HMV and try and get "Closer" It was sold out! WTF. Not happy.....
I really wants to get it cos if you know, after a while, your excitment wears off and I probably will be heading towards "don't feel like buying it and wasting my money". ARGH!

chepas

HSC
Re: The first CD. Yeah :D. I actually like it better than 'Closer', in terms of songs I like. But the more I listen to 'Closer' the more I like the songs I don't really like... :rolleyes:

Alla luce del sole. Mmmm.... :D The one with The Corrs (Canto alla vita I think. leant it to a friend.) is nice. Gira con me questa notte/You're Still You. very good :p. Though his version of 'The Prayer' with Charlotte Church I thought was ick - Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli's version (if not, original) much better.

I haven't seen 'Closer' in the shops for a while... weird...

Apparently there's a new song 'Believe' from him on some soundtrack of a new movie, don't know what one though.

Last edited:

chepas

HSC
I saw the "Closer" album in Borders at Hornsby and again at Macquarie Centre... but the basic version with no DVD and 2 less songs :(... But it's still available I suppose, if you still want to buy it.

olay

HSC
i've only heard a few of his songs and am not a fan.. :S he's very... stuffy shirted. i love most opera, but his popera gets a thumbs down from me :S

homestar

but why do you think he is so stuffy, personally i think he is awesome, there are not many singer around my age group that can really sing these days. he is different and classy, thats what i love about josh groban :rolleyes:

chepas

HSC
Haha, I love 'popera' - that's just one of the 23549867 ways to give him a genre I suppose. I can't tell what he actually belongs to. Adult contemporary/easy listening/opera/jazz - who knows...

I can't say much about the stuffy shirted. I haven't seen him in anything or heard him speak so can't judge (except in his concert DVD which is probably just a random stream of consciousness and thousands of adoring female fans screaming with a standing ovation each song. :p. That's the part I didn't get, every song wasn't exactly a masterpiece! Sort of taking away from what a standing ovation is about...).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)