jones and couchman? (1 Viewer)

miss_pie

HSC
i just scammed the prelim textbook off by boyfriend (his sister found it on the side of the road in someones pile of random crap) and was wondering if anyone thinks the 2nd book is any good? it seems to go into a lot of detail, like 4 chapters on what my other textbook would cover in one chapter...

shattermenow

its good because it covers all the topics, and i used it as a secondary text book. but no, its not good by itself because it doesnt have any harder math questions...for that you have to use fitzpatrick

Redp3n

i personally dont tihnk its good, its out of date, its easy and just plain shit

miss_pie

HSC
kewl kewl

the first chapter is basically how 2 use your calculator which is a waste of time and crap, but there were a few pasic things in the first few chapters which i needed to do alot of so im finding it good for that, but yeah, it wouldnt be good on its own

jason120au

HSC
Jones and Couchman, even though is out of date, is still a good reference for a second book. It is better then the book we use, which is the 2 Unit book by Margaret Coove, as with that book, they begin straight away with harder questions involving large numbers, while Jones and Couchman eases you in with easier questions at the beginning. You can get the jist of how to do something with easier questions then you can with harder ones.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
I used it, it isnt that great, I only used it cos it was school issue. For fun times (maths related), get the yellow Fitzpatrick book

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
jones n couchman was my textbook we used at skool!!
i think it's gud 2 start with.....n then move onto books like fitz n others.....

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
shit why didnt i ever know about this fitz book........i only used jones & couchman, but i thought it was pretty good, the examples in the book are good, but the exercises werent all that difficult compared to hsc type questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)