John's College Interviews (1 Viewer)

dichotomy

HSC
yeh I'd like to know too... I had no idea they were on so it looks like im sleeping on the streets

joking.. but i'd be really disappointed if I did't get into johns

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
dichotomy said:
joking.. but i'd be really disappointed if I did't get into johns
Did you even go to open day? If not, don't be disappointed.

punkin_drublic

HSC
ive got an interview in january for johns but apparently most of them have allready been or are being done soon. i went to the openday and johns looked damn nice but i guess its pretty hard to get into seeing as they're the only one that interviews. if anyone has been to the interviews then any impressions, advice etc would be good...

xvelidras

HSC
dichotomy said:
but i'd be really disappointed if I did't get into johns
Because you haven't actually experienced St. Johns. Its a horrible college, bruce hall and ursula are alot better.

hangerm5

HSC
I had my interview their mid-December. I was qutie ok, i was a bit nervous but the people were nice and very approachable. It was more like a conversation. the main thing is to be natural and yourself. I liked the look of Johns too so I hope I get in there but I dont really mind as long as I can live somewhere (Yay ANU gurantee accomm to all first years not from canberra.

fingers crossed for Johns-I'll make up my own mind thanks. I am sure the other halls are just great. we'll see.

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
Johns is the ugliest of the colleges, exlucing ursula AND they're rooms are small. I will say nothing about the composition of the characters that reside at John's you will find that out for yourself

Ralph

The Don
HSC
N/A
unlike ursulla john chooses you, you have to have relitively outstanding merits to get into johns. And actually do things for the community unlike some colleges john wants givers not takers, this improves the college.

who's going to johns ill be there got in no probs.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Ralph said:
unlike ursulla john chooses you, you have to have relitively outstanding merits to get into johns. And actually do things for the community unlike some colleges john wants givers not takers, this improves the college.
You sound like you'd fit right in.

dichotomy

HSC
Im just curious as to what sort of questions they ask at the interview? Like "why do you want to come to this college?"

"Um... because it's too cold to live on the streets???"

What kind of questions were people asked? I just think its a bizare thing that they conduct interviews.

Ralph

The Don
HSC
N/A
they ask what you could do to contribute, how you would fit in and general info about you personally and what you have done in terms of merits and achievements they just want a feel of what type of person you are.

is that all right mate? if you want more info please ask.

Ralph

The Don
HSC
N/A
neo_o said:
You sound like you'd fit right in.
listen you ignorant prick, unlike some people, most likely you, i'm paying my self through uni, so i'm looking for a cheap and value for money deal, i'm not on a holiday i'm there to study to take my career further so i don't need a "way better" college.

in fact half a dozen of my mates are at johns and thye reckon its decent enough

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Ralph said:
listen you ignorant prick, unlike some people, most likely you, i'm paying my self through uni, so i'm looking for a cheap and value for money deal, i'm not on a holiday i'm there to study to take my career further so i don't need a "way better" college.

Again, I'd just like to say that you'd fit right in.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Ralph said:

So wrong about neo....

Venusian

HSC
emphasise any community stuff you've done, if you get Ken the master of college he'll love it

i think neo_o might just be a little jealous that johns not only took out the sports sheild but the arts one as well

dazzi_dani

HSC
definatelt emphasise community service, your enthusiasm to get involved in college life, respect for yourself and others, and that you uphold stong values! then ure garunteed. dont worry about what other people say about johns you'll love it if you get in!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)