• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

John Howard? Mover and Shaker, or just plain Wanker? (1 Viewer)

HSC
with the current political debates arising, wat do we think about john howard's moves??

personally... i think he's def. moving and shaking in a good way

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
He is attempting to appear to be strong in the face of opposition. And in the end i feel it will benefit him. He appears as a man who is willing to stand for what he believes is quintessentially right for the country.

On the matter of IR reforms, the government hasnt really fired a shot yet and i expect public opinion to start swinging back into the gov's favour in the next few months.

He is far from a 'wanker'. He is a politically astute politicitian who knows how to play the game. If he wasnt, he wouldnt be our second longest serving PM.

Last edited:

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
I reckon John Howard's a mover, shaker and a wanker. He really has it all . . . the perfect politician!

tag.twix

HSC
his a smart man... i'll give him that.. but his a wanker according to my english teacher.. hmm,,

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I thought teachers were meant to be politically correct and provide no influence on students political thinking.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
tag.twix said:
his a smart man... i'll give him that.. but his a wanker according to my english teacher.. hmm,,
I wouldn't think your English teacher likes you very much either.

tag.twix

HSC
haha nah man.. his cool .. he just hates howard.. he just always calls him a wanker.... so i think howard is a wanker.. its all good

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Deus said:
I thought teachers were meant to be politically correct and provide no influence on students political thinking.
It's wrong, but it happens.

destin2b

Johnny is a mover and Shaker!!

Its all well and good to bag out the PM but seriously the question is, who would prefer Beazley as the leader of our Nation?

tag.twix

HSC
I wonder what is goign to happen after june... hrmmmmmmmm

still rekon his wanker.. i wouldnt mind terminator being our PM ..

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
tag.twix said:
I wonder what is goign to happen after june... hrmmmmmmmm

still rekon his wanker.. i wouldnt mind terminator being our PM ..
Such frivolous remarks play no part in the logical, rational and sound discussions been promoted within this forum.

John Howard has been in office so long im sure he could borrow this very appropriate line from Francis Urquhart.
"I've been here so long now that, love me or hate me, it's hard for you to imagine anyone else in my place … isn't it?"

Anyway, i do agree with anti-mathmite in some extents (I was uncertain i would ever utter those words). The PMs succsess is party the result of the failure of his political opponents (both in the opposition and within his own party) However, much of it comes down to his political apptitude and ability to 'play the game' that governs politics.

Last edited:

chubbaraff

Proudly BOS Left
HSC
Am I the only one who finds this shallow discussion totally unrelated to John Howard. You guys have seriously too much respect for our political system, its like John Howard The great leader of a utopian Australia has been given a majority in the senate because of some amazing ability to manipulate anything and everything in his way.l The people in this forum who support Howard need take a trip to the burbs and outer metro areas where workers child care is being shut down/defunded like never before, poverty is everywhere. F$#@ Howard and his illegitimate majority, I didnt vote for it, and theres good chance half the people who did could not explain to me optional preferential proportional representation.

reemz

HSC
chubbaraff said:
Am I the only one who finds this shallow discussion totally unrelated to John Howard. You guys have seriously too much respect for our political system, its like John Howard The great leader of a utopian Australia has been given a majority in the senate because of some amazing ability to manipulate anything and everything in his way.l The people in this forum who support Howard need take a trip to the burbs and outer metro areas where workers child care is being shut down/defunded like never before, poverty is everywhere. F$#@ Howard and his illegitimate majority, I didnt vote for it, and theres good chance half the people who did could not explain to me optional preferential proportional representation.

i absolutely agree with u... especially with the fact that that his gona also have control of the senate- there goes australia as we know it- get ready for when we go out to the workforce, and alwways being on the edge of your seat becoz weith the new laws coming out ucould be sacked at ny moment....but wat does johno care his gona retire soon anyways... not lyk the laws are goin to affect him..

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
reemz said:
i absolutely agree with u... especially with the fact that that his gona also have control of the senate- there goes australia as we know it- get ready for when we go out to the workforce, and alwways being on the edge of your seat becoz weith the new laws coming out ucould be sacked at ny moment....but wat does johno care his gona retire soon anyways... not lyk the laws are goin to affect him..
Sounds like you have been a victim of union/Labor propoganda. Pity.

I myself have reservations regarding the IR changes. but gov control of the senate will not mean the world will fall in on itself! To suggest so is plain silly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)