John Grisham (1 Viewer)

SipSip

HSC
N/A
I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who have read at least one of John Grisham's books. The one that caused me to seek out every book he's written and read all of them was "the testament", my personal favorite, along with "A painted house", which is a nice change to the general legal themes he always has. Which one is your favorite??
Has anyone read the Last Jury yet, i kinda want to read it, but don't know whether it's worth buying or not....

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
I've never read any of John Grisham's books but I've heard good things about him.

astro

HSC
'The Client' was pretty good...so was 'A Time to Kill' and 'The Firm' (i think that's what its called - or could it be 'The Chamber')

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
I really enjoyed Runaway Jury - both the book and the movie. The Rainmaker is also a really good read.

Christie35

I am in the middle of reading "A Time To Kill, and I was just wondering: would it be a good related material for RAW or not? If not, I'll just stop reading it. I'm having a hard time finding related texts for RAW - I might use Shawshank Redemption (but I think just about everyone is using it), Jessia (by Bryce Courtney) and A Time to Kill (if it's good) but the problem is, that makes either two books, or two movies (Jessica was a mini series event on TV) - Please help!

S

strappleberry

i really liked the runaway jury, i read it on an eight hr train trip from armidale back to sydney, couldnt stop reading it.
when the film came out i was really hesitant because i liked it so much, and didnt want the film to wreck it.
the only thing i didnt like about the film was that they changed the ending slightly (other than the change from ciggie company to gun manufacturer), i dont think the ending they created was really fitting for the movie - it was too happily-ever-after, which i suppose is to be expected, but i still prefer the darker ending in the book.

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
Beaky said:
Reading "The Firm" at the moment... Its an intense storyline, i like it
Yeh i'm reading it now....for the third time lol. I absolutely love the firm, my favourite book, besides the power of one. The movie of the firm was good, but no where near as good as the book (as is in most cases). I found that Tom cruise did mitch really well and suited him perfectly, but Jeanne Tripplehorn (abby) didn't suit her character at all, i pictured her much different in the book. But i liked it all the same.

.ben

HSC
The Client is the best, you get so emotional at the end when reggie leaves.

Kirika

HSC
I love John Grisham books. Have read (off top of head): Last Juror, The Firm, The Broker, A Painted House, The Testament and a heap of others i cant remember at the moment. Loved them all.

vizman

HSC
I love John Grisham's books especially all the law ones - although i think practically all of them are law based -

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
im on 16/18 of his books.. since iwas in yr7 :S i freaked out a lot of yr 12 kids lolz

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
SipSip said:
I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who have read at least one of John Grisham's books. The one that caused me to seek out every book he's written and read all of them was "the testament", my personal favorite, along with "A painted house", which is a nice change to the general legal themes he always has. Which one is your favorite??
Has anyone read the Last Jury yet, i kinda want to read it, but don't know whether it's worth buying or not....
Im reading 'A Painted House' at the moment. only about a quarter in, but its the most beautiful story. normally im not even a fan of his stuff, but this book is so gorgeous

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
SipSip said:
yep.. the testament started me off with john grisham as well.. great author..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)