• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

jobs (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ok, im 18 and seriously need a casual job-ive never had one before
i dont have rsa/rsg so i cant work in pubs etc
i dont want a job where they supply me the uniform
im in a country town, so jobs are pretty limited
supermarkets-well they want 14yrs9months teenyboppers

so any suggestions of places i can go, what to say, do, etc.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
you could try like a chemist or something if u like that sorta thing.
Theres always mcdonalds ( joking) u could try like bakers delight, a newsagent it really depens what ur into

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
my mum suggested maccas when i was 14 and i didnt speak to her for a couple of days
i refuse to work in a fast food chain (although i wouldnt mind a chinese restaurant or something)
so how would i go about getting a job at a newsagents or somewhere?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i owuld just bring them a resume, and hand it in. then maybe check up a week later if they haven't called back? just to show you are interested

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i work at woolworths and we have hired alot of older people, if you can work during the day or at night (like 6-midnight or something) then they give u a chance
u can go to tafe to get ur alcohol serving licence thing then apply at bars and stuff, i think it would be fun just serving drinks lol.. but most have uniforms
surf stores always have like younger people working there? well like any clothes store actually

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
make sure you are available almost any time!! they want someone who is flexible, and will work when they want them. if you are only available some days, and others all the time, they will go fo rthe others. (what i mean is don't say you can't work weekends)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
you know the old saying beggers cant be choosers? seriously if you've never had a job before you have to usually start at the bottom of the food chain and then progress to something decent. whether that be maccas, or a supermarket or whatever...the money you earn is money you wouldnt of had in the first place. so any money is good money if you have the time!

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
unfortunately...i hate working with food and my last choice was a fast food shop...id work for about 2 months and then change jobs....since im 18+ and had no experience....no one would take me!

ND

HSC
Do you know anyone with a business or anything that can give you fake references? That's what i'm doing; i've never worked a day in my life, but if i ever want a job when uni starts, i'll get a fake reference (saying that i worked there) from a friend whose dad owns a resturant.

is a roflcopter
HSC
yeah everyone does that
phone a friend

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)