• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Jobs in retail/fashion (1 Viewer)

Skeeta

HSC
I scored an interview, with a big surf/fashion chain.. i was talkin to one of the menswear managers and he said to wear some "cool threads" and just be myself and i'll have the job.

the only problem is that im havin trouble trying to distinguish the diff between the clothes that i'd wear to work and an interview.. All the ppl in the store while workin usually wear jeans and funky tops + thongs except i can really see myself wearing that kinda stuff to an interview.. its the stuf i wear everyday and seems a bit informal.

plus i dont wanna look like a try-hard wearing the clothes from that store H2T.

what ya think?

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
for both interviews ive had for clothing stores i wore pretty much an entire outfit of their current stock. yeah of course its tryhardish but they want to see how you would present yourself to work, and what image you're going to be putting across to customers etc. DON'T dress formally, you'll look silly... have neat hair, accessories, make up etc but just wear their stock.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
spin spin got the jobs so her advice sounds good

but if i hadn't heard her advice i would have said wear maybe one item of clothing from their stock. maybe try to make it look a bit more formal than instore so it's approporiate for an interview. but at the same time this could lose you the job if they think it's what you will wear everyday

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Definitely wear their stock (if you have some that is); I agree that I wouldn't go too unformal; like I wouldn't go in a mini skirt and/or a revealing top! :uhhuh:

I'd go in their stock because I always try to keep in mind at job interviews; "first impressions count!".

Good Luck! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)