Jobs at Pubs and Bars (1 Viewer)

MissMadiD

HSC
What qualifications and experience do you need to get a job at a place like a small pub or club?

Does anyone here work at a place like this?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
RSA is almost a necessity. The RCG can also help you get over the edge, and is needed for places with gambling in them (including poker machines I believe).

Dod0

HSC
RSA definitely and I'd say there would be a 90% chance you would need your RCG. Most pubs, clubs have pokies so you need it. My brother works at the pub down the road, pay is good, work is good besides kicking out angry drunks haha

Shokujo

HSC
N/A
Get your RSA - it shows prospective employers that you are interested :)

You may need to start at the bottom and work your way up.. Pubs are always looking for glassies, there's also bistro attendant (basically a waitress! lol) which is what i'm currently doing. During down times they are showing me the finer points of pouring a beer.

Best way to get a job in hospitality is to walk in to the pubs/clubs and ask for an application form. fill in the details and give back to them - Never get discouraged if they say there is nothing available.. Hospitality turnover rates are huge (the pub i work in opened 3 weeks ago, and we've had 5/30 people quit already) so something will come along soon :)

Be prepared for long/hard hours in the industry.. lots of split shifts make it hard, but the work isnt too bad :) Good luck!!!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)