Jobs after HSC? (1 Viewer)

ClassOf2013

HSC
Where would be some places that would be good to apply at after I finish HSC? I currently work at McDonald's (been working there 1.5 years) and i'm sick to death of it, half the time it's insane in terms of pace and stress, and the other half it's dead and there's nothing to do, and managers have a go at you for standing around, even if there is literally nothing to do. So anyway, i'll be getting a reference from there (How do I do that btw, do I just tell them I want a reference? Because I don't want to quit without getting another job first).

But yeah, where would be some good places to apply? I'm thinking supermarkets, and maybe retail (although i'm ugly haha they might not hire me). Any other suggestions? Only want to work 3 or so days a week at this stage.

Candidate

HSC
Where would be some places that would be good to apply at after I finish HSC? I currently work at McDonald's (been working there 1.5 years) and i'm sick to death of it, half the time it's insane in terms of pace and stress, and the other half it's dead and there's nothing to do, and managers have a go at you for standing around, even if there is literally nothing to do. So anyway, i'll be getting a reference from there (How do I do that btw, do I just tell them I want a reference? Because I don't want to quit without getting another job first).

But yeah, where would be some good places to apply? I'm thinking supermarkets, and maybe retail (although i'm ugly haha they might not hire me). Any other suggestions? Only want to work 3 or so days a week at this stage.
I worked at a fast food chain and I never got a reference, so I stole the shirt. I'm so badass.

3 days a week might be too undesirable for working in retail when you don't have school anymore (depending on how many hours you want). Try Woolies.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Does experience count for a lot in the rush to get jobs after HSC? I got told by a mate that (some businesses, probably not large retail/food chains) just want numbers

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Yesterday I saw that Noggi and EasyWay were both recruiting.....

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Experience usually helps alot to weed out applications. Sure they need numbers,but the amount of applicants is so huge after hsc and uni exams,that they rather pick people with experience,requiring less time to train them and more safe choice. But plenty of people have no exp and get jobs, you just have to worker harder at the interview.

ClassOf2013

HSC
I've pretty much narrowed down my search to retail or supermarket jobs, don't particularly want to work nights. But how do I tell McDonald's I want a reference? Do I just ask them? Because I don't want to quit until i've gotten another job.

drewbles

HSC
Uni Grad
I've pretty much narrowed down my search to retail or supermarket jobs, don't particularly want to work nights. But how do I tell McDonald's I want a reference? Do I just ask them? Because I don't want to quit until i've gotten another job.
pretend you're applying for a scholarship and need proof of employment or a character reference.

Ask someone who either knows you and likes you, or someone who doesn't but is really nice :)

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
In all honesty,unless they've been training you to be a manager, Mcdonalds doesn't really mind if you leave,at least in my store,there's so many people who leave all the time and people who replace them, that it's just a natural order of things here.Don't be afraid, they'll understand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)