job prospects for B Eco graduates - good/bad? (1 Viewer)

Chris.

HSC
hi im thinking of doing B Economics. I may transfer into B com, but i actually may like economics better. So what are the job prospects for eco graduates, particularly if you choose good majors...

ZabZu

HSC
Doing b eco at UNSW is a very high quality qualification. Dont be ashamed that your doing economics and not commerce.

I have a friend whos brother did eco/law. If someone knows that one of their majors is definately something related to economics, many of them choose eco over com.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Job prospects are fantastic. In the end it boils down to you, your personality, attitude and marks.

Capitalist

HSC
With a large number of grads going into accounting or finance, I think sooner or later the demand for economists is going to be substantial.

GaNeSh

Official Chelsea FC Ultra
HSC
Before u realise this yourself, b/eco is pretty much b/comm, so like me you will probably not even bother to transfer unless its to law or combined comm/eco.

Chris.

HSC
GaNeSh said:
Before u realise this yourself, b/eco is pretty much b/comm, so like me you will probably not even bother to transfer unless its to law or combined comm/eco.
somewhere around the board, people have been saying com/eco double degree has also no point to it.

GaNeSh

Official Chelsea FC Ultra
HSC
Yeh thays true, its actually a total waste of an extra year. Its only useful if you cant make up your mind btw 3 majors, but i really dont see a great advantage in doing it.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
com/econ is shit. complete waste of time because you dont need that extra year unless you're doing actuary. probably worse than com (int). the only reason you'd want to do com over econ at unsw is that you want to get your ca. you can get it at usyd econ.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
not with unsw econ because you dont have enough spare credits after getting your compulsory econ major.

you got 36 core
42 for econ major
42 for second major
12 gen eds
leaves you with two electives, but you need three legt subjects + fins1613

Conspirocy

HSC
im just trying to think this through

year 1

session 1
acct 1a
micro1
qma
legal enviro of commerce

session 2
acct1b
macro1
qmb
fins1613

year 2

session 1
acct 2a
intro metrics (lol qmc)
micro2
bus trans

session 2
acct 2b
metric methods
macro 2
business ent

year 3

session 1
acct 3 A
audit
tax
eco option 1

session 2
acct 3b
eco option 2
eco option 3
eco option 4

so your at uni for 3 years and you get a major in accounting and economics
how doesnt it fit??? let me check the requirements

"5.2 or a double major of 90 units, with at least 48 units in one of the Economics, Econometrics, Financial Economics or Economic History disciplinary streams, and at least 42 units in another approved disciplinary stream. "

sorry no offence...you've been fucken saying it doesnt fit for a year now...shut up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)