• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Job as a teacher (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Do you need Education degree to become a teacher?

I have passion for teaching and counselling where I can teach people. However, I do not wish to study Education course at university to become a teacher.

Can anyone tell me?

Iruka

HSC
N/A
Thesedays, you don't have to have an education degree, but you do need to have at least a dip ed.

The dip ed. is a graduate qualification that takes either one or two years, depending on which uni you do it at.

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
ive heard of those 'Teach English Overseas' programs...i think u have to do a TESOL course

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Iruka said:
Thesedays, you don't have to have an education degree, but you do need to have at least a dip ed.

The dip ed. is a graduate qualification that takes either one or two years, depending on which uni you do it at.
Except they won't exist from next year :D

me121

Premium Member
HSC
If you plan to work for DET I think there are minimum requirements, however, if I understand correctly, there is no minimum requirements for non-government schools, however that just means the government doesn't control it, and obviously different private schools would have their own policy on this. I am pretty sure this is the case but I'm not 100% sure.

Iruka

HSC
N/A
Captain Gh3y said:
Except they won't exist from next year :D
Goody-goody. I always knew there was some reason why I did that stupid BEd. Now its nice to know I wont be superceded.

I'm sure that the dip ed will be reincarnated as a 'masters of teaching' or something grandiose sounding like that. (Actually, I think UWS already has such a one year masters of teaching degree.)

It will contain exactly the same irrelelvant crap and will still waste a year of your life.

Pure credentialism.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)