Jfk (1 Viewer)

hApPy1

HSC
Has anyone in this forum done JFK as their case study in year 12? Just need an idea of how many people im talking to when i ask about jfk-

thanx dudes

HayleeKate

HSC
I've done JFK... And I would suggest there are many others, it is the most popular case study each year in the HSC with more than double the amount of JFK studiers than the next most popular case study. {true fact}

hApPy1

HSC
lol yeah- im right there with u- on that- would anyone happen to have ANY notes at all- im particular, im having trouble answering to the "aim and purpose" of Kennedy & Indochina- also, one question i've managed to avoid for evey topic and is creeping up on me now-

Why have the approaches to history changed over time?

this seems like a genral question and i dunno if i can adapt it to each individual topic regarding JFK-

anyone know what im on about- gimmi a buzz!

thanx dudes :) :)

rebecca05

HSC
HELP NEEDED - BOTH CORE & JFK!!

Hey guys i do JFK and im so totally screwed! i have no idea - its so obvious that im gonna come last in my class and i havent even asked for my assessment mark back - thats how screwed i am!

If anyone has info that could help me with the JFK question i would so unbelievably grateful! (And the core aswell if possible!)

I dont understand any of it, my class is made up of all the extremely, abnormally smart people in our year who dont have to do anything and still manage to get 99% and wen i ask questions they all make me feel so dumb!

Im at the point where i wished i hadnt picked history at all! i used to be good at it - now its just a pain in the ass! I do all three and its just way too much!

My trial is on monday the 15th August, if anyone can get me info before then i would be so appreciative!!

HELP ME PLEASE!!

CLRNCE

HSC
it's all good

rebecca05 said:
Hey guys i do JFK and im so totally screwed! i have no idea - its so obvious that im gonna come last in my class and i havent even asked for my assessment mark back - thats how screwed i am!

If anyone has info that could help me with the JFK question i would so unbelievably grateful! (And the core aswell if possible!)

I dont understand any of it, my class is made up of all the extremely, abnormally smart people in our year who dont have to do anything and still manage to get 99% and wen i ask questions they all make me feel so dumb!

Im at the point where i wished i hadnt picked history at all! i used to be good at it - now its just a pain in the ass! I do all three and its just way too much!

My trial is on monday the 15th August, if anyone can get me info before then i would be so appreciative!!

HELP ME PLEASE!!
hey hey settle down! it's just the trials and you can only do what you can! i can say that i don't have your prob because there are only two girls in my class! we are both freaked to the max because our trial is tomorrow!
JFK is based on the incongruent views of the Camelot and Revisionist historians. just learn who they are and what they disagree on and you'll be fine!
JFK really isnt that bad. if you do modern then it's a tad easier because you have context- if you do the Cold War, but even if you don't you only need to know the basics!
stay calm and just do whatever you can! it's only the trials! and it's only one unit!
breathe and do some serious study!
good luck and i hope all goes well!
wish me luck for tom!

freaked!

Why have the approaches to history changed over time?

this seems like a genral question and i dunno if i can adapt it to each individual topic regarding JFK-

also doing JFK....
in terms of the question i think that the only way that you are able to apply it to all of the topics on JFK is if you talk about the different reasons for historians approaching JFK (as a historical fact) in different ways. Like the camelot historians are obviously predjudiced and the revisionists also have altieriar motives (book sales!) but also have greater knowledge of the effects of his preisdency on the country, as well as recently released documents which were not available before! SO i guess rather then thinking of history as history in general think of JFK and the different approaches to him that have been taken over time. The revisionists and the camelot historians have completely different views on all of the topics so that makes life a bit easier!

i don't know if i have been any help...but i tried :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)