Jeff Probst's Survivor Ranks (1 Viewer)

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
In the March 7 ed of Who, there's an article on Probsty whcih all survivor fans must read and all anti-survivalists must burn.
In it he ranks the survivor series from best to worst and for all those who won't have the article (i got it from my gran) i'll put in some of the things he said.

1 - Borneo (Season 1)"...When Sue made her big speech blasting Kelly at the final tribal council, the only thing i was thinking was - this is money. It's still probaby the greatest survivor moment. And I thought Richard would be the first voted off. He's a scheming, pompous, condescending guy..."

2 - Australia (Season 2)
"I could almost put Australia as a tie for No. 1... You had forest fires, a flood, Mike Skupin killing a pig and then falling in a fire. Everyone wanted to marry Elisabeth and Jerri was maybe the best female villain ever... Colby's choice to take Tina to the final two over Keith made people's jaws drop. Then Colby lost. That show delivered every damn week."

3 - Pearl Islands (Season 7)
"... You know you're in for a good season when Rupert immediately starts stealing people's soes. And then you have Johnny Fairplay, who's completely dispicable... he's a jackass whse actions at the Vanuatu finale after party pissed me off so much he's banned from any event I'm at from now on... I hated the Outcasts. I felt it wetn against everything we say the show is about... And it cost us a great player in Andrew Savage and in return gave us Lill, the most undeserving final-two member ever."

4 - All Stars (Season 8)
"All Stars, I thought, was great to watch - and miserable for me to experience... I even considered quitting many times... Now i've gotten some distance from it and reaslise it was just a really, really personal season... Then you had this horrible, ugly incident when Su accused a naked Richard of rubbing himself against her during a challenge. This prompted the single worst Survivor moment i've ever had - standing on a beach with Sue just yelling at me for what happened... Lex will continue to say, "Hey I was doing a buddy a favour." Bullshit. Lex is a strategist as much as anybody, and he's a good player, but this time he got played."

5 -Amazon (season 6)
"...How do you ever predict Jenna and Matthew making the final two, and the spoiled college-sorority-girl winning? And she only won because the jury thought Matthew was crazy. And they didn't want to give him the million dollars."

6 - Vanuatu (Season 9)
"...What frustrated me about Vanuatu, as a viewer, was the double standard applied to Chris & Twila. Twila lied once, swearing on her son's life that shed remain true to her alliance, but Chris lied the entire time. He's probably still lying!"
(You could tell how much that shitted him in the show hey)

7 - Africa (Season 3)
"...It wasn't a fun season. And you ended up with a final two of Ethan, who is nice but boring television, and Kim Johnson, who is a wonderful woman, but again - boring television."

8 - Marquesas (season 4)
"One thing Marquesas has going against it is - worst location ever... I felt like Marquesas never got any momentum..."

9 - Thailand (Season 6)
"They're gonna hate me for saying this, but this final four of Brian, Clay, Helen and Jan was the least likeable final four ever... Then you felt like you needed a shower after watching Brian play, because he was so sleazy. It was a mean-spirited season."

Oddest Luxury Item - "Robb from Thailand brought a skateboard to the beach. To the beach! And then he didn't even use it."

Favourite Winner - "Richard. He is the only guy at a final Tribal Council to basically say, 'i deserve it because i outplayed all of you.' Every other winner has apologised for how they played and i always sit there and start losing respect."

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
argh..wish i could remember all of the moments/players mentioned.

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
i loved this article, i couldn't believe how no-holds-barred jeff was in the interview, usually hosts seem to gag themselves for the sake of promoting their shows. Man i loooovvvvveeee jeff!!

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
rupert stealing the shoes was definetly one of my favourite moments, what a champ.

i hated twila.. gr. and that singing one on the current series that didn't even make it to the tribes - thank god!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
haha at least he didnt rate vanuatu the highest cos of Julie :p

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Argonaut said:
I'll burn it with pleasure. But only the complete version - I notice there is no Season 5 ...
that would be the typo of having two 6's (thailand is 5)

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Jeff is so honest i simply adore him.

I just don't get why every loves Rupert the oaf.

Survivor lately has lost its spark, the only series i loved was Australia and the Amazon. I didn't watch the first one but i probably would have liked that too i suppose.

Cab31

HSC
I love this show!! the sad thing is that i do remember all these moments! I am still cut because they never showed marquesas (it was replaced by a sad australian version of the show). My favourites are:

1. Africa - loved this season!! Lex is my all time fav survivor followed by big tom!

2 Borneo - how could u not love richard? notice in this series, jeff has a really big nose....i think he had a nose job!! (i have the season on dvd and i picked that up when i was watching)

3. Pearl island - Go rupert!! i loved savage!! i HATED lill and loved johnny fairplay!! hehe Osten was so sad it was funny!

4. All stars - just coz i liked to see my favourites back again! i hated boston rob though...

5. Vanuatu - bcos i was in vanuatu last june and i got to see them making all the survivor set stuff for the challenges - mind u i nearly got arrested for taking a picture of it!

6. Australia - ended up being a little bit boring. i didnt really like anyone on this series.

7.Thailand - i really didnt like brian or clay...

This show rox!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)