JB Hi-fi (1 Viewer)

Mr_Shrimp

HSC
I'm 16 (17 in December), have 1 year experience at McDonalds (front counter) and almost a year at the deli in Coles (still employed there). Theres a JB Hi-fi opening in my local shopping centre, do you think I have a possibility of being hired?

Thats almost 2 years in customer service jobs and working with a register and EFTPOS at McDonalds.. they're hiring for Counter sales staff as well as.. well.. everything. I think counter service would be the easiest to get for me but would they hire a 16 year old?

I have an interest in Games, music, DVDs etc so thats a plus and availability would be weekends and after school (plus available in the holidays for christmas and after-christmas sales..)

Any thoughts?

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
Mr_Shrimp said:
I'm 16 (17 in December), have 1 year experience at McDonalds (front counter) and almost a year at the deli in Coles (still employed there). Theres a JB Hi-fi opening in my local shopping centre, do you think I have a possibility of being hired?

Thats almost 2 years in customer service jobs and working with a register and EFTPOS at McDonalds.. they're hiring for Counter sales staff as well as.. well.. everything. I think counter service would be the easiest to get for me but would they hire a 16 year old?

I have an interest in Games, music, DVDs etc so thats a plus and availability would be weekends and after school (plus available in the holidays for christmas and after-christmas sales..)

Any thoughts?
Include your interest and high knowledge in Games, Music, DVDs, etc. in your resume.

What do you think they're hours will be?
Open all weekend? How long will they be open after-school hours?

It's definately worth applying. You may deem your experience little but you're only 16 and therefore, have a lot of experience on top of other applicants your age.

May we see a copy of your resume so I can help you out?

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Mr_Shrimp said:

Any thoughts?
don't wanna burst your bubble mate, but i've never seen any under 18's working at JB. That, and as far as i know, all jobs other than counter service require previous sales experience in the area. but hey, ya never know :)

Mr_Shrimp

HSC
breaking said:
don't wanna burst your bubble mate, but i've never seen any under 18's working at JB. That, and as far as i know, all jobs other than counter service require previous sales experience in the area. but hey, ya never know :)
yeah thats what i was worried about and why i was hesitant about applying... same with borders.. shame.

Idyll

HSC
Mr_Shrimp said:
yeah thats what i was worried about and why i was hesitant about applying... same with borders.. shame.
If you want the job then you might as well just apply. If you don't have to write a covering letter for the position (and even if you do it shouldn't take you much time - after all it's just slightly editing a generic retail cover letter you've probably written), the only time it's going to take you to apply is the time it takes to send the application.

The worst they can do is throw it in the bin - which I'm suspicious happens a lot when applying for retail jobs. i.e. oh, we've got 500 applications here, but we only need 20 staff - might as well throw 250 of them in the bin since it halves the amount of work i have to do.

Mr_Shrimp

HSC
biggles04 said:
What about my post?
sorry biggles..

umm, the hours im guessing will be open till 5 on normal days and 9 or whatever on thursday and yes open all weekend so i would only be able to do 2 or 3 shifts a week (damn school hours.).

as for the resume, the newest one i have is from about this time last year so.. hehe.. :)

its an online application so i would only need the resume if i get the chance to do a one-on-one interview..

don't worry though, i'm quite the bullshitter ;) i can make myself sound good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)