Jarhead (1 Viewer)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Do you know what irony means Pilgrim? Because your criticism of Jarhead is incredibly ironic.

..I'll let you figure that one out for yourself..

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Pilgrim said:
damn i dont really care that much.

but if i knew what the whole theme was about why would i bother seeing it?

Anyway you did your HSC in 2004? Having issues with leaving school? I think its time to move on.
sugar, there's a uni forum in this site

something i feel you will never know about

Pilgrim

HSC
Benny_ said:
Do you know what irony means Pilgrim? Because your criticism of Jarhead is incredibly ironic.

..I'll let you figure that one out for yourself..
dude you like penguins. enough said.

Pilgrim

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
sugar, there's a uni forum in this site

something i feel you will never know about
oh so what did you get in ur hcs and what are you doing now? im thinking of an arts degree or possibly school teaching.

good luck with that really.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Pilgrim said:
oh so what did you get in ur hcs and what are you doing now? im thinking of an arts degree or possibly school teaching.

good luck with that really.
wrong degree im afraid.

good luck with uni? thanks!

Pilgrim

HSC
oh so u dont have any numbers to show? or any courses to show?

enough said.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Pilgrim said:
oh so u dont have any numbers to show? or any courses to show?

enough said.
band 6's in my hsc.

scholarship to university of sydney

EDIT: I don't really condone comparing education as a means of fighting but I do feel that you're intellectual incapable.

Last edited:

Pilgrim

HSC
ill believe that when i see proof. what are you studying and what exact number did you recieve?

Pilgrim

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
band 6's in my hsc.

scholarship to university of sydney

EDIT: I don't really condone comparing education as a means of fighting but I do feel that you're intellectual incapable.
Well I'll feel safe sleeping at night knowing that it wasn't neccessary for me to lie on the internet in an arguement.

When quite frankly, you don't know me and have no clue to what I have recieved in my past exams. All around 95% thankyou very much. If an intellectual debate is what you are really hoping for, i can comply. But if you are only here to gain some e-reputation or e-friends because you are sordid, then please exit at stage right.

I only came here for some entertainment, unfortunately you find it fun to insult new-comers. I'm sure you can rely on your 2,700 posts. They will mean alot to you when you are collecting cheques from centrelink.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Pilgrim said:
If an intellectual debate is what you are really hoping for, i can comply. But if you are only here to gain some e-reputation or e-friends because you are sordid, .
woah, shit step back stef this kids armed with a vocabularical intellekt!1!1!

Pilgrim

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
woah, shit step back stef this kids armed with a vocabularical intellekt!1!1!
im guessing you really dont enjoy hiphop. too bad.

as for brogan. haha pathetic.

Pilgrim

HSC
Somebody has to show the retard that infact he is retarded. Im just sending you in the right direction buddy.

veridis

droog
HSC
psst pilgrim a little hint, 1 click and you can usualy find out what most people are doing ie UIC - Bachelor of Music (Composition). i'm sure that in your infinite knowledge you'll prob view it with the same disdain as art or ed but please man put a little effort in if you're going to be an asshole.

anyway back ot the movie it wasnt sure what it wanted to be. it had the ability to oversentamentalise every little thing when it wanted and throw in a few deep artistic scenes (namely the horse one and the things that i cant tell you) but is more than willing to scan superficialy over so much more and just say well the cliche is useful here so i'll use it. everything it tried to say seemed to have been done better before. you want boot camp brutality go full metal jacket, you want excruciating boredom go das boot, you want to see the effect of war on man go apoc now. everything it did had been done before. did somebody just think that they needed to remake all quiet for the gulf war? let me use a quote from an imbd plot summary "The film is not about heroism but about drudgery and futility and the gulf between the concept of war and the actuality." that was 1930. sure jarhead is a well made film and it is a message that needed to be said but it already has been, much better in fact. jarhead hardly rates the movie of the year as suggested earlier

Pilgrim

HSC
haha bachelor of music. you WILL need luck with that and future job applications.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
lol @ your ignorance

person: 'omg lol did u hear art students dont get many jobs'

pilgrim: 'really bro are u serious lol im gonna go around laughing at people who do art degrees now'

person : 'yeah but, well i guess it depends on the student, like art degrees are extrememly broard but if they specify their studies more and make a good choice with their major they can do alot'

pilgrim: oh what was that i didnt hear you dont worry ill just ignore that part and stay ignorant about it, its not important anyway lol time to laugh at people while im in year 12 and havent even done the HSC yet.

sheep

kiteblood

HSC
Jesus Christ I don't even know what this thread is about anymore.

But anyway, I should have watched Jarhead after I watched Brokeback Mountain. Maybe then I'd have appreciated the scenes where Jake danced around nakedly.

I think this movie would have been much more effective had it focused on the breakdown of inter personal relationships, rather than simply the monotony/futility of war. The scene involving the videotape of one of the marine's wives was particularly powerful, as was the image of the horse. I was expecting more of a surreal twist on your average war movie, and was disappointed that it didn't quite deliver that. It was difficult to see where the focus was with this movie; it became such a mixture of different images and ideas that no specific message stood out clearly enough.
I really hated the voice over at the end of the film. It was unnecessary and prevented the audience from drawing their own conclusions, which limited the film's scope considerably.

It was an interesting film, but it wasn't fully formed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)