Japanese Extension Speaking (1 Viewer)

windswept-hevan

HSC
arrggghhh!!!!! i have my first japanese extension speaking assessment, and i'm not prepared!!!!

any tips on how to study for it??? or be more prepared for it???

any sort of suggestion will be very much appreciated!!

rhia

salty
HSC
pLuvia said:
Take a look at this website. Has some good tips. Good luck with it
not my post, but i have benefitted greatly anyway - awesome site, thank you! i use it all the time for my other subjects, but didn't even think about using it for japanese.

laukai

HSC
you cant really study for it i suppose... tips i can give... try to know what you want to say off by heart... then just look at your palm cards to see what you missed... or you just do it the old fashion way.... write a prepared speech... memorise it... but that takes lots of time... and when you speak... i am sure you already know... speech in a flattish voice...

abcd9146

HSC
laukai said:
you cant really study for it i suppose... tips i can give... try to know what you want to say off by heart... then just look at your palm cards to see what you missed... or you just do it the old fashion way.... write a prepared speech... memorise it... but that takes lots of time... and when you speak... i am sure you already know... speech in a flattish voice...
what you said, you cant prepare for it beforehand, you dont know the topics/arguments your talking about. and you only have 19mins, so you cant wrtie the entire speech in that time.

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
brainstorm ideas/arguments for each of the different topics that u studied, and prepare sample answers in jap. when you go about doing more practice questions, you'd realise that many of the arguments you constructed earlier on can be used interchangeably in various questions
When i did my hsc extension, our teacher asked us to prepare answers for around 15 sample questions. Just put this in written form and learn the points that u want to make, read them and re-read them until you know what you're talking about. This was really effective coz out of all those essays you prepared, there's bound to be an answer suitable for the question you would be asked in the exam. However, you must be flexible and rephrase sentences, depending on the quesiton that they ask you.

P

pLuvia

abcd9146 said:
what you said, you cant prepare for it beforehand, you dont know the topics/arguments your talking about. and you only have 19mins, so you cant wrtie the entire speech in that time.
You actually only have 10 mins to prepare 2 speeches which should go for approximately 2 mins each. And yes the topics are random

Wackedupwacko

HSC
yea what mushroom head said.... man i got raped in my first speaking assessment.... 5.5/10 (marked according to hsc standards) .... and that was around the average... nad the scary thing is we're suppose to be one of the best schools in the state at jap x.x in fact statistically only syd girls is better =/

our assessment
ototake question:

in your opinion who did ototake write his book for. give reasons

technology:

technology has made us lazy. discuss

Ind vs society:

i forgot... only needed 2 / 3 and i chose the top u...

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
ok..here are some questions i used to study when i did my extension speaking. Just prepare answers to all these questions and ask your teacher to edit them. =)

Last edited:

dongypro

HSC
practice random questions

set 5 mins for urself and say as much as possible

i got the hang of it now

^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)