Japanese Ext (1 Viewer)

angy_elic

Very Old Member
HSC
feedback

I thought the excerpt from gotaifumanzoku was easy, the R&RinJ wasnt bad, but we'd done very very very little on conversation, could bludge my way through it though. the writing questions were challenging but managed to write what i needed to. wasn't easy, not tooooooo bad... finished though now so YaY!

k_i_mm_i

HSC
yeah actually, the first part was great, except that the questions were a bit hazy and i dunno if i answered them properly or not. The writing was great but the dialogue i made such a bad mistake cos i wrote horizontally on the "write vertically" side
:(
which writing did u guys do?

amime

yes it was a challenging paper ~~!!
i did question 4 (the family one)...how bout u guys?! wat did u kinda talked about?! I think i wrote about 900ji for q4 and around 500ji for conversation....i hate the conversation....can't realli use much sentence structures!

k_i_mm_i

HSC
Hey, I chose questions 3 the "Everyone learns from the mistake they make" or something
and my 3 pts were the main mistakes we do in life as a child, youth and then adult in society. And how that has taught us to become better.
1)Children - we fight with siblings and friends - then we learn society social skills. However, there is an increasing prob in bullying because kids these days are too busy and dont have the chance to make mistakes and learn from them to grow mentally.
2)Youth - talked about alohol and tabacco and peer pressure
3)Adult - Environment problems caused by our recklessness

Then the conclusion was: even though these experiences are hard and we make mistakes it's good.

I wrote 600 ji for convo and 700 ji for q 3.

What did u guys talk about in the convo?

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
I thought the test was easy... but, having said that I didnt finish cause I wrote heaps slow.

I had to do it at 10:30 cause I do drama as well... I had 5 minutes before the exam and I had no idea where I was supposed to be, so I got a little put off by that... thats my excuse :p

But question 1 was cool (it was the only passage i studied that morning), question 2 was ok... I hate conversations though... really dont like them... but you get that.

I chose question 4 (didnt finish). I said career women are choosing not to have children. They spend all their time working and dont have time for families.
Parents who work all the time leave their children home alone. They think "I'm working all the time so i can buy my kids presents and they will be happy", but really when they are alone they feel lonely and wont be happy.
And I also said people are choosing to get divorces for the sake of their careers and children, when really the children get hurt by divorce. When they grow up they are more likely to divorce their partner.

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
i thought extension was easier than continuers. i can't believe reading and writing only had 4 questions! they were all like 4 marks! well most of them. yeah...the writing wasn't too bad. i chose question4. blabbed on about the world is changing and that the roles of males and females are too so females are going to work. later marriage, fewer kids cuz they're too busy with work.
also people are choosing to live away from parents to experience their own free lifestyle yeah...blah blah

SMAP

Hey Wilmo! i didnt get 2 c u at all after the test! :-( but how was drama?
Yeh we all found it relevently easy (jap extension class) compared to the 2unit exam!

i was happy with the test. i was stressin over it cos i didnt do any study during the week and only got 2 days study when i could have had a whole week! but oh well u get the mark you put in i guess.

i was happy that the reading was meiwaku! cos i went over it heaps after the trial! and i went over Yatchan 4 the creative writig. but he 10 year reunion thing kinda got me! i was talkin to a teacher and she said that you had 2 talk about how yatchan and oto became friends and blah and how yatchan left skool 2 become a electrician. when i just wrote about oto and yatchan talking about their 1st meeting etc. so i lost marks there.

i just want to know wat did people write about in their creative writing? did u incoporate other information such as yatchan becoming an electrian and how they are friends and how oto wondered if children r in their "reserved seat"?

then i wrote about Q4 families are becomin smaller and blah. i just said that 2days society is busy compared 2 before and thus parents are never there 4 their kids and as the family is small the children cant talk 2 their parents as they are workin and busy and there are no siblings to talk to either.
due to this situation the children turn to tv and computer 4 advice and get influenced from models and bad ideas. so i kinda changed it into the issue of influences. i hope it made sense:-?

but dont worry! apparently the teachers are complaining as the last questions didnt apply to an issue and stuff.

amime

lil_g said:
i was talkin to a teacher and she said that you had 2 talk about how yatchan and oto became friends and blah and how yatchan left skool 2 become a electrician. when i just wrote about oto and yatchan talking about their 1st meeting etc. so i lost marks there.

i just want to know wat did people write about in their creative writing? did u incoporate other information such as yatchan becoming an electrian and how they are friends and how oto wondered if children r in their "reserved seat"?

but it's not fair if we needa talk about yatchan left skool 2 become an electrician...i never knew he left skool to do that...my teacher didn't even tell our class that! And it didn't realli say wat u have to include....it's a creative piece...we should get to write wat we want to!

I wrote about how it was because of yacchan..oto was never bullied in junior skool and talked about things related to "The reserved seat" passage!

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
lil_g said:
Hey Wilmo! i didnt get 2 c u at all after the test! :-(
Yeah sorry... Id just had a really bad day (i really dont like drama, but no more of that!)... and i wasn't sure if it would be raining after you had finished so I thought it would be best to walk home when its dry ;)

I'll see you again soon though. I'll make sure of it!

But im glad you did well Amy, i knew everyone would :)

dayzzz said:
but it's not fair if we needa talk about yatchan left skool 2 become an electrician...i never knew he left skool to do that...my teacher didn't even tell our class that! And it didn't realli say wat u have to include....it's a creative piece...we should get to write wat we want to!
Lol... He didnt become an electrictian (maybe he did it doesnt matter)... Thats just what she said he did. I said he went to cram school, got into tokyo university and started swimming again then became the prefecture champion. Now he's a employee for a big company.

You could right whatever you want.

k_i_mm_i

HSC
about creative,... I sed that Yacchan is now an electrician and Oto is a mega famous speech giver around the world. Oto tells Yaccha that he often talks about him in the speeches, then Yacchan was like why? I was a delinquent etc. Then Oto sez well thanks to u, u were my guardian angel I was never bullied. Then Yacchan talks about how he's now married with 2 kids and the eldest one is blind, however thanks to Oto's work, disabled ppl are now more accepted in Japanese society.

F_W01

He did become an electrican in the text. I'm not sure if we were supposed to talk about that to show our general knowledge of the text, or if it didn't matter. Question 1 was alright, the rest was rather challenging.

SMAP

CRAP! so u had to talk about the stuff in the book? or could u make it up? cos i kinda just talked about them reminising and about that time at their "reserved seat "! ahhhh........ i didnt talk about wat they do now cos i thought it was all small talk and my writing piece was going to be longer than 600ji (including spaces). hmmm i look bak in this test and i dont think i did as well as i thought at the beginning.

oh well have 2 get over this one and look at the next test! and for all the lucky ppl who have finished. i envy u! hehehehe.....

Last edited by a moderator:

lukage

Hmm...Well contrary to most of these people, I liked the conversation thing better than the others. (If any watches it) I let them talk like how they talk on "Naruto". I don't know if that was a good move or not in terms of technicalities and marks, but since Yacchan was a delinquent, and since Oto writes uses a lot of plain form, and since those guys are old friends, the plain language/slang seemed appropriate and it was more fun than figuring out complex extension sentences. heh.

I'm sorry for the negativity, but after five years of Japanese is there anyone else who just really hates that subject? I definitely do!

Binky

it took me ages cos i didn't recognise the extract. also i couldn't find the word for 'sibling' in my dictionary which pissed me off big time!!

i had this dream last night that it was the night before my extension japanese exam and i woke up looking for my jap notes to study from!!! scary!!
i never write enough ji in the papers. they always ask for 400-600 and i usually only get 200 :(

pahh. who cares, it's all in the past.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)