japan and its economy (1 Viewer)

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
has anyone done a case study on japan? or does anybody have any info on it?
i was going to do china but after reading all that stuff about their politics and the way they treat their people i.e. persecution, it really turned me off from doing china

Demandred

HSC
I can probably only give you info on investment and financial integration:

In a nut shell, Japan's economy is definitley going to get worse before better. During the 1980s, Japan was running high, but excess capacity combined with high levels of speculation saw a financial crash, government debt was at 140% in a bid to save the banks, and interest rates soared from 3.8 to 8.2% in a bid to reduce capital outflow, what resulted was the destruction of domestic demand. What really carried the japanese economy up to now was high levels of competitive exports and investment returns. Most went to finance the US current account deficit, what resulted was a 300+ billion dollar stake in the US economy, the results gained from this was an average current account surplus of 2-3% a year from this big stake. The tacit agreement was Japan would reinvest these earnings into US to stop a collapse of the $A, in reeturn to high market access for Japan (low protection). So Japan has an advantage, if US pisses Jap off, its investors would withdraw from the US, which the collapse of the US currency and a total collapse in world financial follows since everything is denominated with the US dollar. In the mean time, US is digging their own grave with consumption lead growth, not production, a increasing threats of protectionism against the Jap economy which may prompt withdraw of Jap investment. If the Japanese domestic economy recover from this deep seated malaise it is in, it may also trigger a collapse in US economy as investment funds would move from US back to Japan.

Anyways I am at work. I will talk about Japanese/ SE Asia relationship and the fly "geese paradigm" it headed.

HayleeKate

HSC
I have done Japan. its great. I have all the info handwritten though. perhaps I'll type it for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)