Jap Sub Found (1 Viewer)

Jiga

Well it was on the news last night that they are prity sure they have sound the sub that got away from Syndey harbour in WW2. Of all the places you would expect it to be, it was found at the entrance to the Hawkesbury river near Lion Island (Ive more than likely fished over it). Something that has made me think though is that, would it be possible that they actually got off the sub and went bush? I find it strange that the would navigate the sub into an estuary for any other reason, and considering the vast amounts of bushland in that area it sought of makes you think for a second. Maybe they scuttled the ship and swam to shore or something? Your Thoughts.

ice_wind

HSC
shit man...its happened with the jap army heaps...u know after WWII, some jap soldier on one stranded island believed the war was still going on and lyk it took decades later until the Japanese emperor had to go and tell him to go home

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
ice_wind said:
shit man...its happened with the jap army heaps...u know after WWII, some jap soldier on one stranded island believed the war was still going on and lyk it took decades later until the Japanese emperor had to go and tell him to go home
yeh haha i remember that.

Jiga

Now that Ive seen the news again which had abit more detail concerning the documentary, their theory is that the jap submariners committed suicide and that the ship came to rest near Lion Island as a result of the current. This does seem right because having fished around the heads of the Hawkesbury quite abit their is a very strong current their at times. Still, seems kinda convenient though that they happened to kill themselves when next to the heads and that a small but still heavy ship could float that far past the heads

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Within the last year Japanese soldiers had been found in Malaysia...

HSC
yeh that happens all the time.

There was a croatian found hiding in the mountains ~13 years after the war.

It makes you wonder how many more are still out there.

ice_wind

HSC
TerrbleSpellor said:
yeh that happens all the time.

There was a croatian found hiding in the mountains ~13 years after the war.

It makes you wonder how many more are still out there.
...or how long osama bin laden can hide as well!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)