JAP EXTENSION << thoughts (1 Viewer)

karnevil

HSC
What did you guys think? I thought it was pretty average~easy.... the second question was *kinda* hard but I jst thought about it for a while and jst kinda recounted some bits from the passages (e.g RENET, fushigi na kikai) to talk about my experiences with Oto

The first bit was piss! If I don't get full marks for that I'll be soooo surprised, I knew the texts back to front :D

post your thoughts! :)

sleepycat

what was the answer for the Q1?? "karera" = ??

em.. i think it was ok.... better than expected... ^^ hehe i guess i am lucki... HEHE coz' i onli studied Technology... :D

karnevil

HSC
that would be "Bokura" and it means "we/us" referring to males.... Oto was referring to himself and his classmates

kt san

yeppies
i thought it was easy
just hope that i'm not misleading myself
Originally posted by jogloran
I agree with Toodulu: that's what I wrote.
i second that agreement
i didn't do any practice essays so i almost didn't make the target of 600 ji

karnevil

HSC
Read pg175 of the english version of the book and youll realise he's referring to himself and the others who use RENET with him..... he doesn't use 'bokura' to refer to the RENET members overseas.

mle

yeah, bokura, i said oto and his friends who adopted the renet mailing list.

I reakon that was the best possible exam paper for me. I'm so happy, that was my best exam so far, even better than 2uJapanese!

which question did everyone choose for the long composition? I did the technology one and made up soemthing about a kid accidently demolishing his house after finding how to make a bomb on the net :)

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
Originally posted by karnevil
Read pg175 of the english version of the book and youll realise he's referring to himself and the others who use RENET with him..... he doesn't use 'bokura' to refer to the RENET members overseas.
read the sample official answers for the worksheets (it's on a cd which i'm sure your teacher would have a copy of)

from the extract, you could've taken bokura to mean "our mailing list" or you could take it to mean people who named it renet. both of which would give the answer of ototake and members of the organisation. i think the overseas members play a kinda big role in the questions asked, don't you? i hope you at least mentioned that he referred to classmates who were members.

karnevil

HSC
Originally posted by Toodulu
read the sample official answers for the worksheets (it's on a cd which i'm sure your teacher would have a copy of)

from the extract, you could've taken bokura to mean "our mailing list" or you could take it to mean people who named it renet. both of which would give the answer of ototake and members of the organisation. i think the overseas members play a kinda big role in the questions asked, don't you? i hope you at least mentioned that he referred to classmates who were members.
ouch! Yeah i referred to he and his classmates, and i wrote that bokura was used to mean 'our mailing list'

sorry if i sounded a bit hasty in the last post! :eek:

ilovemrchips

Yup yup, thought it was okay

I think I did well the in short answers and question 3

But fool that I am, I only left about 20minutes to do that bloody narrative so I'm not sure if i'll do very well in that one. I wrote about 600ji for that anyway. It had senior structures etc etc but the ideas were a bit simplistic

Anyways, glad to hear you guys did orrite =}

jogloran

I don't disagree with you in that the English translation renders it clear as day, but obviously, as our teacher says, we are studying the Japanese version, complete with any ambiguities.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Note: BOS doesn't recommend the English version because liberties have been taken in translation. It is much better to create your own translation and have your teacher verify. Of course, it's a bit late for that. ;)

Anyway, it was one mark so I just said "refers to himself and other renet members" (paraphrased).

Isn't he already in Waseda by the time he's doing RENET?

karnevil

HSC
Yeah Lex I said it refers to him and his classmates to whom the RENET mailing list belongs to. I figured the fact that it belongs to them is important, as the very first kana after {N is , to indicate it is the mailing list 'of' them :)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Hmm... off the top of my head I'm not entirely sure that that "no" was used to form the possessive though. Of course, for a one mark question who really cares! :p

mle

Heh, yeah good point!

I'm happy, I think I did as well as I could, and thats all that matters. Im still a bit pissed about the speaking tho, coz I know I fucked it, and I know i couldve aced it :(

Oh well, i guess its time to move on, lol.

karnevil

HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Hmm... off the top of my head I'm not entirely sure that that "no" was used to form the possessive though. Of course, for a one mark question who really cares! :p
nah it was.. im lookin at the text in front of me and the 'NO' was used to indicate posession of RENET :)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
:p I haven't looked at a single paper since their respective exams ended, and I'm very proud to say that I've done nothing but eat, sleep and eBay since Friday!

karnevil

HSC
lol proud? eating and sleeping go hand in hand with study for me...... i cant wait to get out of the house and to the gym / beach / work:D:D:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)