• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Jap Battle: Toyota Vs. Nissan (1 Viewer)

transcendent

HSC
N/A
i demand a hybrid piston/rotary engine combination! you heard it here first. copyright (c) 2005.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
transcendent said:
i demand a hybrid piston/rotary engine combination! you heard it here first. copyright (c) 2005.
haha

i've heard that before...and it wasnt from you :eek:

hefa13bt

HSC
hmm i dont no to many 1.3ltr piston engines that produce 275hp/357Nm from factory like the 13bt from the fd rx7??... dunno about u guys?

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
hmm i dont no to many 1.3ltr piston engines that produce 275hp/357Nm from factory like the 13bt from the fd rx7??... dunno about u guys?
13bt is a rotary.

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
um yea that was my point mate
Ah, I see. It was hard to tell -

MattyCulnane

HSC
transcendent said:
here in Australia we have a thing called the metric system.
Point being?
I think the point Petar13 was trying to make is that a 13b is a 1.3ltr roatary engine (duh??) and it is not very common that a factory produced 1.3litre enigne other than a rotary would create 275hp/357Nm of power.
However a worked Suzuki Hyabusa engine's (turbo'd and running 40psi) are known to be able to make around 450+hp.

Big fan of the 240's older skylines and Cefiro's. Also a fan of the old-school rolla's (owned a mint worked KE55 myself) and supras etc.
So i guess i'm sitting on the fence for this one.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
you. sure. made. it. long. with. those. full. stops....

well, i own a 95 corolla, but if it was about 5 years older with a supercharger then i would have stuck to toyota like glue. but since i dont, then its the GTRs, 200s and GTi-Rs for me :D

but the Evo is starting to steal alot of my spotlight...

- L1n -

HSC
veterandoggy said:
you. sure. made. it. long. with. those. full. stops....

well, i own a 95 corolla, but if it was about 5 years older with a supercharger then i would have stuck to toyota like glue. but since i dont, then its the GTRs, 200s and GTi-Rs for me :D

but the Evo is starting to steal alot of my spotlight...

I agree with ur GTR comment, but the minute u mentioned EVO, my respect for u just dropped. lol :rofl: :rofl:

hefa13bt

HSC
MattyCulnane said:
Point being?
I think the point Petar13 was trying to make is that a 13b is a 1.3ltr roatary engine (duh??) and it is not very common that a factory produced 1.3litre enigne other than a rotary would create 275hp/357Nm of power.
However a worked Suzuki Hyabusa engine's (turbo'd and running 40psi) are known to be able to make around 450+hp.

Big fan of the 240's older skylines and Cefiro's. Also a fan of the old-school rolla's (owned a mint worked KE55 myself) and supras etc.
So i guess i'm sitting on the fence for this one.
hehe and with enough money you can work a 13bt rotary engine to around 1000hp :) :) :)

MattyCulnane

HSC
hefa13bt said:
hehe and with enough money you can work a 13bt rotary engine to around 1000hp :) :) :)
Yeah mate, and im sure if you hvae enough money to employ a group of german scientists, they would be able to figure out how to get 1000hp out of a mose on a running wheel, purely fed by cheese.

i'm joshua

HSC
NISSAN SILVIA ALL THE WAY

i would love a number plate like this ..
SI5LVIA
if onli it was legal in australia .. =[

sai lo jie

Blue View

HSC
Toyota's are definitely the best of the two. My dad used to have a 2001 model Nissan Patrol and it was a heap of shit! He paid $60 something thousand for it brand new and he ended up putting over $35 thousand into fixing the bloody thing! He never took it offroad for fear that the car wouldn't make it!

He recently traded it in for a beautiful Toyota Prado Grande and he couldn't be happier!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)