==Jamie=Cullum== (3 Viewers)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Dont forget Dean Martin

Benovista

Old Schooler
HSC
Im obsessed with Nelly Furtado. She great! Its a pity her socond album didnt take off like her first one but its still a really good album! (folklore). If you like something different, Listen to Nelly furtado!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
about only doing jazz for the money,

here's some jamie cullum lyrics from "I wanna be a popstar"

"Why is it all these fakers
seems to make the morning papers,
selling records by the million,
seems so easy in my opinion
Look at the jazz star,
he really needs some guts
Playing from 7-midnight,
surviving on peanuts"

This song is really fun, and quite witty, everyone listen to it.

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
about only doing jazz for the money,

here's some jamie cullum lyrics from "I wanna be a popstar"

"Why is it all these fakers
seems to make the morning papers,
selling records by the million,
seems so easy in my opinion
Look at the jazz star,
he really needs some guts
Playing from 7-midnight,
surviving on peanuts"

This song is really fun, and quite witty, everyone listen to it.
heheh thats one of my fav songs by him :D very good and true, being a Jazz Star is more fun in my opinion anyway :)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I bought twenty-something on the basis of this thread I hope you know...I thought it was good in a modest kind of way

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
Iron woman said:
I bought twenty-something on the basis of this thread I hope you know...I thought it was good in a modest kind of way
is that saying that you didnt think it was as good as what we were saying?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
No, it was ok...His voice isnt anything special though, but the lyrics and band made up for that.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
Iron woman said:
No, it was ok...His voice isnt anything special though, but the lyrics and band made up for that.
oh okay... i like you again now :p

persephone

HSC
can't wait until he comes to australia for a tour this year. i think it's supposed to be either june/july/august. can't wait to his next album comes out in september. he's supposedly working with Pharrell on his next album....won't that be interesting

persephone

HSC
Bought the new album today. Has 14 songs. My favourites are

7 days to change your life
My Yard
London Skies
Mind Trick

I love his quote about the song 'My Yard'

"This song is about a friend with 'benefits'. It's written by my brother and a very talented mate of ours called Teron. It started out as a very romantic thing and I came along and made it just about sex I'm afraid."

persephone

HSC
Jamie Cullum Australian Tour Dates:

April 5 - Her Majesty's, Adelaide
April 10 - State Theatre (tickets on sale, March 3 through Ticketmaster)
April 12 - Palais Theatre, St Kilda

Plus, he's performing at the Byron Bay Blues and Roots Festival.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
I like him.
I really like the song lovecats that he sings with katie Melua:)

persephone

HSC
JAMIE CULLUM
Returning to Australia & New Zealand this April

“This time round, he’s essentially the same performer, but with more confidence, a better band and a much better show.” The Independent, January 2006

Jamie Cullum is well known for his brilliant live performances. Australia and New Zealand first discovered this nearly two years ago when the lively musician swept through Sydney, Melbourne and Auckland for a brief but successful sold-out tour.

The Frontier Touring Company is now delighted to announce a return tour for Jamie Cullum to our shores. In addition to playing at both the West and East Coast Blues n Roots Festivals in Perth and Byron Bay, Jamie is also confirmed to perform headline shows in Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne and Auckland.

Jamie has always had a strong affinity with music. And whilst he may be classed as a jazz artist, his range is in fact far more extensive, embracing everything from pop, rock, dance and funk to more classical styles. “Jazz is the greatest platform to do whatever you want. People ask why I play jazz. It’s because you can take it to so many different places.”

Jamie’s latest collection of tunes Catching Tales (out now through Universal Music) has attracted widespread critical acclaim. The album features trademark takes on old favourites, along with some of Jamie’s own works. Of the album, USA Today gushed “This collection of taut, rhythmically savvy performances finds Cullum maturing as a singer and songwriter… At a time when intuitive song interpreters and craftsmen seem in short supply, Cullum is shaping up as a double treat.”
But it is onstage that Jamie is at his best. His natural charisma, energy and charm render him one very accomplished performer.

“Opening with The Wind Cries Mary, he weaves from soulful, gritty vocals to hammering percussively at the piano in a way that can only be described as manic. It’s immediately apparent why he’s become so successful: not only is he a superb musician and songwriter, blessed with a phenomenal voice; not only is he a young artist in what’s largely seen as an old man’s world, he has passion – and in spades.” www.bbc.co.uk, November 2005

“Jamie Cullum sells records like a pop star… He looks like a pop star… And like most pop stars, he doesn’t read music. But, as demonstrated at Albert Hall, his youthful, populist approach nevertheless remains underpinned by the melodic instincts and consummate technique of a virtuoso jazz musician.”
The Times, November 2005

Don’t miss Jamie at his best this April with support from Australia’s own Mark Sholtez.

TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY 3 MARCH

JAMIE CULLUM Australia & New Zealand Tour Dates April 2006
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday 6 Her Majesty’s Theatre, Adelaide
www.bass.net.au – BASS Dial n Charge 131 246

Saturday 8 West Coast Blues n Roots Festival, Perth
West Coast Blues n Roots Festival website

Monday 10 State Theatre, Sydney
Ticketmaster Ticketmaster Phonecharge 136 100

Wednesday 12 The Palais Theatre, Melbourne
Ticketmaster Ticketmaster Phonecharge 136 100
The Palais Theatre 03 9537 2444

Friday 14 East Coast Blues n Roots Festival, Byron Bay
www.bluesfest.com.au

Sunday 16 Sky City Theatre, Auckland NZ
Ticketek Auckland Phonecharge (09) 307 5000

From Frontier Touring Company website

Last edited:

persephone

HSC
Went to his concert on Monday night and it was excellent. He is so amazing to see live. Even if you didn't like the songs his performance and banter made it worth it. He got the audience to sing in harmonies and got them to stand and jump to one of his songs, and created an impromptu mosh pit at the front of the stage.

Stayed back and met him, got the programme signed and took a photo with him. Anyone else go?

I went to uni the next day and saw 2 people wearing the Jamie Cullum Tour 2006 shirts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)