james ruse solutions (1 Viewer)

stag_j

i have a copy of the ruse 2003 trial, but no solutions...
can anyone help me out?
thanks

stag_j

My teacher gave it to us. Not sure where he got it.
Sorry but I don't have a scanner... Maybe someone else at school will be able to get it scanned

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by stag_j
My teacher gave it to us. Not sure where he got it.
Sorry but I don't have a scanner... Maybe someone else at school will be able to get it scanned
hey, post up the harder questions....also does anyone know the website of jamesruse...they might have their trials ther.:)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Richard Lee
I am maths tutor and I am sure that I can do it for u if u can send it to me!:)
yeah, thats true as well...theres so much teachers lurking around these forums.:D...it'll b scarier if they were ya own teachers.:rolleyes:

stag_j

Sorry i thought i'd lost the paper but i just found it again.
These are what i consider to be the harder questions:
5b) Homer simpson borrows $15000 at 11.95% per annum reducible interest, calculated monthly. the loan is to be repaid in 60 monthly installments of $333.30 at the end of each month.
The amount A(n), of the load remaining after n months is given by:
A(n) = M(R^n) - 333.30((R^n)-1)/(R-1) where m is the principal amount borrowed.
(i) find the exact value of R
(ii) After 2 years, homer inherits $1500 and wishes to pay this towards his loan. By how many months is the term of his load reduced, by paying this extra amount?

6a)
i) find the equation of the tangent to the parabola x=2at, y=at^2 at the point P where t=p
ii) If the point Q is the point where t=q, and O is the origin, show that if OQ is parallel to the tangent, then q=2p
iii) If M is the midpoint of PQ, find the equation of the locus of M as P and Q vary along the parabola such that OQ remains parallel to the tangent at P

6b) use induction to prove that ln[(n+2)l] > n+2, for n=> 4

7a) All the letters of the word ENCUMBRANCE are arranged in a line. Find the total number of arrangements, which contains all the vowels alphabetically in order but separated by at least one consonant.

I'd say that 7a is one of the hardest such questions i've seen for a long time. some of our top students and the teacher spent a long time trying to figure out how to get to the answer of it.

Last edited:

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ViEtBoI86
it was a test of "fundamentals" - no tricky stuff...
Ye, I just did the paper, it was like soo much easier than our paper :rolleyes:. I swear I wish we had this as our trial.

Azn fairies

yeah i did the james rues trial as wel..can't say easy- but way easier then CCS...fucken got 40% for ccs but got 72% for ruse. so yeah.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by stag_j
...7a) All the letters of the word ENCUMBRANCE are arranged in a line. Find the total number of arrangements, which contains all the vowels alphabetically in order but separated by at least one consonant.

I'd say that 7a is one of the hardest such questions i've seen for a long time. some of our top students and the teacher spent a long time trying to figure out how to get to the answer of it.
hey i can't do this question...can u post up da solutions. :(

stag_j

i dont have the solutions...thats why i started this thread.

i was hoping that someone from ruse would be able to tell us

Azn fairies

well i don't ahve the solution..but i did the papper.so maybe u can email me ..and we can swap solutions or soemthing?

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
that encumbrance question pisses me off...
really easy answer.
[7!/(2!2!)] x 8C4... work it out yourself. =P
but ruse papers are usually pretty straightforward... i tried an epping boys 4u paper the other day omg... =P wat a nightmare.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)