James Ruse Agricultural High (1 Viewer)

nerd_2b

HSC
What an idiot! I would die to go to James Ruse. Whoever you're talking about, is making the worst decision...

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Ruse is an awesome school, and a fun place to learn. Newbies don't realise how laidback we are. It's just like any other selective.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
I go to Baulko and I know of at least 2 people who declined a place in Ruse for Yr 11 2009
They had completely valid reasons - they didn't believe they'd fit in, Ruse didn't offer a particular subject that they wanted, too far to travel etc.
It's all a matter of their own situations
(and I also know of one person who's pleaded to come back from Ruse!!)
*Looking at your subjects and trying to guess who you are*

dp624

HSC
Ruse is an awesome school, and a fun place to learn. Newbies don't realise how laidback we are. It's just like any other selective.
pretty fun overall, except if you're at the top high end (say, top 10 of grade). then it becomes cuttthroat (well, not really, but the pressure gets big)

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
pretty fun overall, except if you're at the top high end (say, top 10 of grade). then it becomes cuttthroat (well, not really, but the pressure gets big)
How are the teachers like in James Ruse? Are they all highly qualified and experienced or are there some who just don't have a clue of what they're doing?

HSC
How are the teachers like in James Ruse? Are they all highly qualified and experienced or are there some who just don't have a clue of what they're doing?

i heard the principal got teachers from the burwood girls..
or whichever high school the principal came from

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
hmm is there anyone who attended JRAHS and got a uai of below 80? or does anyone know someone who got a uai from Ruse below 80 just curious to know ._.
ummm usually there is two or three with less than 80 ..

dp624

HSC
Teachers - some are quite good, some mediocre, and 1 or 2 are quite crap. it should be ok - the driving force behind ruse's results are the students, not the teachers.

yeah the principal is from burwood girls, and she's not especially popular with the cohort

xV1P3R

HSC
True, there are some excellent teachers, but there are some incompetent teachers. We have a HSIE teacher that's always playing on his phone or some gadget at the back of the classroom, or sometimes he tells us to do something at the start of the lesson then leaves us, returning only at the end of the period. There's also a science teacher that is a pretty decent teacher but is so boring in class that nobody listens to him.

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
i know a guy who declined it last year for yr 11, so he in yr 12 now

but thats only cos he moved house from out there, so it woulda been HECTIC travel to skool each morning

dp624

HSC
True, there are some excellent teachers, but there are some incompetent teachers. We have a HSIE teacher that's always playing on his phone or some gadget at the back of the classroom, or sometimes he tells us to do something at the start of the lesson then leaves us, returning only at the end of the period. There's also a science teacher that is a pretty decent teacher but is so boring in class that nobody listens to him.
mr flood
and mr kowalski? (not sure of the 2nd one)

chichichip

chichichichichichichi....
HSC
lol I went to grammar, I'm in the same year as Dave Foong, Emmanuel Cassimatis, Dan Carter etc etc. Apparently our year had the best results SGS has seen in ages in music... some of the teachers called us the golden year including KSW. That's what I'm on about.

Hey hey! I know mannie! LOL

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Mr Flood pretty cool teacher though. He still teaches everything at the end of the day.

supersath

HSC
What an idiot! I would die to go to James Ruse. Whoever you're talking about, is making the worst decision...
well, i sure wouldn't want to go! way too much pressure. I like Baulko anyways. You can be quite "laidback" and still get good marks!!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
well, i sure wouldn't want to go! way too much pressure. I like Baulko anyways. You can be quite "laidback" and still get good marks!!
lol, you can never be "laid back" in Selective High School

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)