Ive lost ALL motivation and mind power to study! how do i get it back!!?!??! (1 Viewer)

N1C0L3

HSC
Hi
i have been soooo busy the past few weeks with getting all school things organised and completed before graduating, and now its done... i just feel like chilling out sooo badly but i know i have to study but i just cant!! I have all my notes organised..and have soo much to study for.. i am just completely stunned at the moment and have lost all motivation for my goals set and i know there is a very bright light a the end of the tunnel but i keep trying to take the easy way out and avoid study till the last minute..
Ive been looking for that motivation spark but havnt found it yet
what do i do?? how do i get it back?? anyone got any inspiring or convincing advice.? I am soo scared.. 20 days till first HSC exam..im screwed.

matorm

HSC
First of all, no matter how much u worry, it will all be ok :D
You can do this :D you have done it all before....

The next step is to breathe, deeply, in and out.

Look at ur goals and say i can get these,
and know that to do this u will need to work...

Then start with one dot point (and ur notes on it...). Read it to urself, try and read it again only looking down breifly... Repeat this... and then stop...

Go and rest... Do something else... Uv taken the first step to getting back on track....

Come back 5 minutes later and read that same dot-point again, then move on and do the next three in one go, same process, then stop again...

Break it down into small little achievable goals that aren't so daunting to overcome...

Slowly build urself into longer periods of study...

But always break...

Each day set urself a goal to do a certain amount for certain subjects, and if u find urself dropping off and losing concentration, stop, then start on a completely different subject...

The key to focussing is keeping the mind fresh...

By the end of this week say to urself i now have 2 weeks left till that first paper...

A little bit of adrenaline will not hurt, read through ur notes for one section (e.g. a module in english) then rest for 5 and come back to the next one...

Im sure if u just keep building urself up, that by mid this week u will be motivated enough to atleast do hour long sessions at a time and then do some procrastination between lol...

All the best, remember to set ur goals high as they will make u work harder, eg if u only need a 85 (just as an example...) for the uni course etc. u want, say u'll push urself to 90 to make sure u get what u want...

And always reward urself if u get what u want out of the day...

E.g. work ur bum off to watch family guy or something that night as a relax and a reward for all ur hard work....

Final hint: Any study is better than no study at all....

and as the fine Winston Churchill said: :this is not the beginning of the end, but rather the end of the beginning....."

Its only a start for ur preparation, but putting the right foot forward could make all the diffference...

All the best, and i hope this helps :D

matt

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
N1C0L3 said:
Hi
i have been soooo busy the past few weeks with getting all school things organised and completed before graduating, and now its done... i just feel like chilling out sooo badly but i know i have to study but i just cant!! I have all my notes organised..and have soo much to study for.. i am just completely stunned at the moment and have lost all motivation for my goals set and i know there is a very bright light a the end of the tunnel but i keep trying to take the easy way out and avoid study till the last minute..
Ive been looking for that motivation spark but havnt found it yet
what do i do?? how do i get it back?? anyone got any inspiring or convincing advice.? I am soo scared.. 20 days till first HSC exam..im screwed.
Fuck, you're just like me right now. Feeling shit.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
lol. Same is happening to me. That's why i'm on bos, after all. :p

matorm said:
First of all, no matter how much u worry, it will all be ok :D
You can do this :D you have done it all before....

The next step is to breathe, deeply, in and out.

Look at ur goals and say i can get these,
and know that to do this u will need to work...

Then start with one dot point (and ur notes on it...). Read it to urself, try and read it again only looking down breifly... Repeat this... and then stop...

Go and rest... Do something else... Uv taken the first step to getting back on track....

Come back 5 minutes later and read that same dot-point again, then move on and do the next three in one go, same process, then stop again...

Break it down into small little achievable goals that aren't so daunting to overcome...

Slowly build urself into longer periods of study...

But always break...

Each day set urself a goal to do a certain amount for certain subjects, and if u find urself dropping off and losing concentration, stop, then start on a completely different subject...

The key to focussing is keeping the mind fresh...

By the end of this week say to urself i now have 2 weeks left till that first paper...

A little bit of adrenaline will not hurt, read through ur notes for one section (e.g. a module in english) then rest for 5 and come back to the next one...

Im sure if u just keep building urself up, that by mid this week u will be motivated enough to atleast do hour long sessions at a time and then do some procrastination between lol...

All the best, remember to set ur goals high as they will make u work harder, eg if u only need a 85 (just as an example...) for the uni course etc. u want, say u'll push urself to 90 to make sure u get what u want...

And always reward urself if u get what u want out of the day...

E.g. work ur bum off to watch family guy or something that night as a relax and a reward for all ur hard work....

Final hint: Any study is better than no study at all....

and as the fine Winston Churchill said: :this is not the beginning of the end, but rather the end of the beginning....."

Its only a start for ur preparation, but putting the right foot forward could make all the diffference...

All the best, and i hope this helps :D

matt
i worship you

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
No matter what i do - getting off bos, stop watching tv etc I won't be able to study. :mad1:

starrysky

HSC
tanjin said:
No matter what i do - getting off bos, stop watching tv etc I won't be able to study. :mad1:
Lol. I'm committed to the thought of study.

The practical side, however ...

I think I might go and stare at my English notes for a while, hoping they'll turn asexual and do themselves.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
starrysky said:

I think I might go and stare at my English notes for a while, hoping they'll turn asexual and do themselves.
lol. I've been doing that with my bio notes for quite some time already...

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
starrysky said:

LOL I'm going crazy

I'm going to rape the HSC :eek:

matorm

HSC
Haha... i too can procrastinate lol...

And i thank you for your worshipping lol.... :)

But in reality these words are just simple advice... theres no secret to study....

Its just knowing what you want...

If u desire something (e.g. going well in the hsc) enough, then u will work for it....

A lot of my teachers (i come from a small coastal school in NSW) say that the HSC isn't the be all and end all, but it is a good test of character, in that those who do well worked hard to do well...

And that doesn't mean they flogged themselves studying 7am-11pm non stop all day every day since the start of the year; as life is a balance that needs to be maintained....

These students may find themselves crashing and burning once they try and adapt to the outside lifestyle of uni etc.

I aim high, i would love a 99 UAI, and i think its achievable, but i also know i have to work hard, and i am (sort of :D)

But i also try and rest a lot... I havnt studied overly throughout the year, but i manage to remember things clearly and can work things out.... I never panic, and if i do start to, i almost get a bit annoyed at myself...

I know my limits, and i find that my study comes form just reading things over and over again, not to wrote learn them, but so that they become more a general knowledge sort of thing that i can use when answering questions in a test...

My best piece of advice is that in all tests, (well except mayb ext 2 maths lol), the questions are designed so that u DO have the knowledge to do them; they arent going to put in a question u know nothing about....

If you get a bugger of a question... stop, breathe, and say "i have been taught all i need to know to do this question...."

i think the majority of people that try this will not necessarily ace the question, but will do a hell of a lot better than if they had stressed and sweated it out and rushed a response.....

Good luck to everyone, and may u all get the fantastic results you all hope to achieve and deserve :D

And if u find urself slipping into nothingness while studying, you need a rest.... go for a swim, or a run (even with ur ipod in), and just zone out....

matt

starrysky

HSC
ssejamafone said:
lol. I've been doing that with my bio notes for quite some time already...
Oh yeah, gotta love Biology. Mmmm, Mendelian ratios!

Delightful.

What's your electiveee?

EDIT: Matt. I freaking LOVE you. See see? It's possible! :D ... now ... to actually do something productive.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
tanjin said:
LOL I'm going crazy

I'm going to rape the HSC :eek:
lol. how many ways that could be interpreted. =P

starrysky said:
Oh yeah, gotta love Biology. Mmmm, Mendelian ratios!

Delightful.

What's your electiveee?
my bio elective is genetics..... >_>" I hate this topic with a vengeance.... you?

and, i declare this 'worhip Matt' day. ^(--_--)^

Last edited:

starrysky

HSC
ssejamafone said:
lol. how many ways that could be interpreted. =P

my bio elective is genetics..... >_>" I hate this topic with a vengeance.... you?

and, i declare this 'worhip Matt' day. ^(--_--)^
Lolololol. Genetics sounds blah. I'm doing communication. *skips around* I LOVE THE PARTS OF MY EYE!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)