iTunes error 1013 on iPhone upgrade from 2.2.1 to 3.0.1 (1 Viewer)

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi There,

I have an issue with my iPhone, its an iPhone3G about 1 year old. I went for an upgrade from firmware version 2.2.1 to 3.0.1 about 2 days ago. Connected to itunes, came up with a thing to back-up, pressed yes, did the backup fine. After that I clicked the update button and it went through the process fine until right at the end and came back with error 1013 in iTunes.

I have since then tried to do a restore many times and the same error has returned, i've tried restoring it to version 2.2.1, 3.0 and 3.0.1, none work, the first 2 dont even start, 3.0.1 goes until the end and returns with the same error "1013" in itunes.

Now the phone is stuck in recovery mode with the Cable on the screen telling you to connect to itunes and restore it. I've had no luck on google either :(

Any help is appreciated, please help.

Regards

Last edited:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Error 1013?

I hope I'm not the one who just got X-Files heebiejeebies from that.

What version of iTunes are you running?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Maybe reinstall iTunes and then try again with the firmware ugrade? Or try and upgrade straight to 3.1?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Maybe reinstall iTunes and then try again with the firmware ugrade? Or try and upgrade straight to 3.1?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I think it was 3.0.1, i've tried 3.0.1, it does the whole process and then returns with error 1013 in itunes

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Oh right, it's 3.0.1. Have you tried reinstalling iTunes?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Not yet, im afraid i'll lose all my backed up stuff, too much at risk :(

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
You won't. Back up your library (File -> Library -> Backup to disk) and then reinstall over the top.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
This happened to my iphone, my home button stopped working so i couldn't put it in recovery mode, and now all that appears on the screen is the ;plug into itunes' icon.
:(

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
This happened to my iphone, my home button stopped working so i couldn't put it in recovery mode, and now all that appears on the screen is the ;plug into itunes' icon.
:(
that plug is recovery mode :( , is there any chance that you got to fix it?

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
it doesn't register when i plug it in. unfortunately theres not many places in australia that will fix my iphone. i bought mine when they were first released in america and unlocked it so i could use it over here. i loved it while it lasted but i've moved on :)

i'm sure you will be able to fix yours though, the 3G iphones are so gorgeous.
haha goodluck!

Aeriff

HSC
it doesn't register when i plug it in. unfortunately theres not many places in australia that will fix my iphone. i bought mine when they were first released in america and unlocked it so i could use it over here. i loved it while it lasted but i've moved on :)

haha goodluck!
I had the 2G (recently upgraded to 3GS) and had your same problem (home button doesn't work + computer doesn't recognise it) after dropping the phone. I had it repaired by FiXPOD in Sydney, fixed with no hassles. Cost me about $150.

rattus69

HSC
My ipod touch second gen had the same error message (they use the same firmware update as the iphone) i firstly backed up my music and files etc. then i un plugged my ipod and reset the computer, then restore to original firmware then update again to the newest firmware, then using your backup files restore them to your iphone it should be working again itunes has been having alot of problems lately.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

haha goodluck!
lol, that has an easy solution, just go into DFU mode and it'll work, or buy a repleacement home button for $3 from the internet, and yeh, should work... i still have not been able to solve my issue :(

Shall be contacting the apple store next week, and its only 10 days out of warranty *cry*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)