ITT things that make you face palm at the gym. (1 Viewer)

amirite

HSC
I saw a guy who had quite obviously injected synthol into his biceps. It looked absolutely retarded. He'd oiled them up to like 19 inches or something ridiculous and it looked absolutely retarded, he looked fat as. Probably the most retarded thing vie ever seen, youre not fooling anyone you synthol using faggot.

untouchablecuz

HSC
I saw a guy who had quite obviously injected synthol into his biceps. It looked absolutely retarded. He'd oiled them up to like 19 inches or something ridiculous and it looked absolutely retarded, he looked fat as. Probably the most retarded thing vie ever seen, youre not fooling anyone you synthol using faggot.
hahah

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
u jelly bout his arms bro??? his probs just bulkin not fat

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
I was meaning to post this pic rofl

3PiCFail

HSC
form whores.
scarifice a little form for power to push into progressive overload. My friends dont do that, they take form over everything else, they have hardly ever added any extra weight to their lifts in the 3-4 months ive been there with them.

stampede

doin it tuff
HSC
form whores.
scarifice a little form for power to push into progressive overload. My friends dont do that, they take form over everything else, they have hardly ever added any extra weight to their lifts in the 3-4 months ive been there with them.
i actually agree with this, though not too much sacrificing incase of epicly injuring yourself

i hate it when cunts who r like 60kgs just shift around on different machines/benches and sit on them for like 10 minutes starin at themselves in the mirror without lifting anything at all

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Guys that pose in front of the mirror in between sets
I actually do this sometimes. I don't know if there is any science in it, but Arnold has said that tensing ur chest between reps is actually beneficial

although to think of it, i don't do it in the mirror lol

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
im always checkin myself out in the mirror LOL. u look so much bigger in the mirror for some reason haha

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
form whores.
at the same time when i walk into the gym what makes me face palm is when i see so much wrong form all over the place. People bending their backs in all sorts of positions, benching and not even going close to touching their chests, people swinging their back on every rep of curls, people using momentum etc.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Makes me facepalm when people have absolutely terrible form because it helps them lift more. If you're all about the weight get into powerlifting. Nothing worse than people who dont go all the way down on squats or use their back and momentum to curl.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Makes me facepalm when people have absolutely terrible form because it helps them lift more. If you're all about the weight get into powerlifting. Nothing worse than people who dont go all the way down on squats or use their back and momentum to curl.
at the same time when i walk into the gym what makes me face palm is when i see so much wrong form all over the place. People bending their backs in all sorts of positions, benching and not even going close to touching their chests, people swinging their back on every rep of curls, people using momentum etc.
sometimes u need to sacrifice some form in order to "progressively overload" the muscle. it allows you to lift much higher weights, more reps/sets and overall works the muscle harder than perfect form. altho, this only applies to certain exercises such as curls.

eye ov azazel

Dismembered Member
HSC
N/A
when this happens:

Omie Jay
Politely told off a group of 4 sikbros for curling on the deadlift platform.
After their second set they moved............
.............to the squat rack -_-
July 22 at 1:35pm via Facebook Mobile · Privacy: · Like ·

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
sometimes u need to sacrifice some form in order to "progressively overload" the muscle. it allows you to lift much higher weights, more reps/sets and overall works the muscle harder than perfect form. altho, this only applies to certain exercises such as curls.
It doesn't workout the muscle harder than perfect form. All you are really doing is increasing the chances of injury and severely limiting your potential gains by taking the emphasis off your biceps (in the case of curls).

Form is always more important than weight. Always. In fact weight shouldn't even matter in the sport of body building. Body builders are weak when you contrast them with power lifters who have significantly worse physiques. This is because when you are aiming to optimally build muscle you are automatically making sure you will not be able to optimally build strength. Obviously as you build muscle you will end up gaining some strength, but ultimately you are not making the best gains possible. This is because the training styles of both goals are very different (different rep ranges, different workout programs etc).

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
there are things called "cheating reps" which allows u to get an extra 2-3 reps at the end which u otherwise couldnt do with perfect form. they are similar to neg reps. ofc u wouldnt start off on a weight u cant do with good form. u will definitely get owned, but if u do it just to get those extra reps i think its fine.

theres a lot of different views out there since people get results with all sorts of weird techniques. u could find a respectable article to prove and disprove any fact.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)