ITT: Help me to choose a console by pointing out their flaws. (1 Viewer)

Dota55

HSC
Got a cool deal with parents.

Moment i finish the HSC exam, as in after i'm out, i get to buy a console!! Yay! :)

Thing is, I have little to no idea which one, but i'm sick of people praising their console with this rivalry thing going on. So, i was thinking: How about you tell me whats wrong with your next-gen console. My mind's not made up, and i'm consider the Xbox360, PS3 and Wii.

Also, price is a consideration.

HSC
Buy it based on the games you like.

For the record, the only thing that comes to mind that I dislike about the Wii is poor internet gaming (i.e. must swap codes with other people and even then it's very censored).

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
wii:
waggle gimmick gets old, reaaaall fast
third party support is shit
expensive addons
virtual console? who gives a fuck, just get some emulators
really crap online functionality
no high definition support
lack of hard drive means downloading stuff from guitar hero or rock band may cause some space issues.
not built for the hardcore gamer
shit graphics
no achievement points, trophies

x360:
rrod, and overall built really badly
loud, real loud
absolute rip off for the addons, start saving if you want to play online thru wifi
you gotta pay for online
the microsoft points system overall

ps3:
expensive, not everyone's going to use all the features in it
not that many exclusive good games out on it....yet
developers have been struggling to work out the hardware so a lot of the games running multi platform on x360 and ps3 you'll find more often than not there are issues with the ps3 one. starting to change, though
sixaxis is limited, and quite stupid
mandatory hard drive installs are getting really common, you might find yourself out of room on your hard drive

9deuce

MADE
HSC
The Wii is more suited to casual gamers, so if you're going to go hard out, I wouldn't get it.

On the 360, the majority of games are FPS, so when people claim that it has more games over the PS3, that is true, but includes the 100s of FPS games.
It is cheaper than the PS3, but doesn't have Blu-ray (if you like your movies) or a wireless adapter.
Most games are multi-platform, except for the few exclusive that come to the 360 or PS3, so If you like Gears Of War or whatever else, then the 360 would be ideal.

The PS3 is expensive, but you do get Blu-ray, 80GB HDD (new unit), wireless out of the box (360 needs adapter) and now the DualShock 3 controller.
Plus you can throw in a 250GB or higher HDD and load it up with movies and shit.

If you don't have a HDTV, the PS3 would be quite a waste.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)