its official...best school = james ruse, worst = Joeys and NSGH as voted by you! (2 Viewers)

Iunny

how does getting drunk? stoned? risking ur life and others by speeding? promiscuity? is having a life?

I don't get that and plus, some ppl dont' do those things and still enjoy life

so shut up nickyazn, i live a sheltered life, and i don't mind it

i personally don't fancy getting drunk every weekend as a beautiful social life.

and plus, many different ppl has different views on life, i'm disgusted that only your view on life is the only one to go by

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by cko
nickyazn = devil's advocate. I think u guys should ALL calm down a bit and stop swearing ets it just makes this thread sound scabby nd crap.... and I think i feel the need to stick up for Ruse. I have friends that go (and used to go) to that school and surprise surprise they actually DO have lives. And when I mean life YES they'll go out to parties and YES they can also get blind drunk and stoned off their faces etc and YES they understand the concept of the cinema and movies, bowling, going to the beach, going for joyrides in their flashy cars etc. Of course there WILL be some people who are the stereotypical 'nerd' what schooL DOESN'T have them but? but stop dissing them. I think the reason y nickyazn is dissing them is prolly coz (s)he him/herself is jealous? Maybe u don't do as good at school and blame the 'nerds' for just being too smart and thus making u look dumb?? Coz right now that's what u look like to everybody on this forum, you're just making an ass of yourself.
Shes long gone

thewhitecomet

HSC
ppl from outside ruse only know a handful of ppl in the school. the rest bury their heads in books, freakin nerds. they have no extracurricular activities unless they're milking cows. yeah, i heard about how they discourage sport in senior school too.

i'd have to say Sydney High's the best school- good academics, good sporting achievements, oldest state school in Australia, prominent old boys, GPS and CHS sporting competitions even though we're public school. just check out the list of old boys. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Boys'_High_School

Sydney High produces Greats, Ruse produces Doctors. enough said.

Last edited:

tempco

HSC
thewhitecomet said:
haha, and doctors aren't great?

Last edited:

nit

HSC
I can't be bothered to read through these ancient pages, but why the hell hasn't sydney grammar been mentioned - its prowess extends to academics, olympiads, sport, debating, chess, music and it's produced and is still producing its fair share of "greats" and doctors :rolleyes:

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
nit said:
I can't be bothered to read through these ancient pages, but why the hell hasn't sydney grammar been mentioned - its prowess extends to academics, olympiads, sport, debating, chess, music and it's produced and is still producing its fair share of "greats" and doctors :rolleyes:
Meh, I'd vote for Grammar.

thewhitecomet

HSC
yeah, my school (High) is GPS school and is 'supposed' to be a public school. yet their 'optional' school contributions tops 3k a year. and it's not optional at all! if you don't pay, you don't get ur report. if you don't get your report, you get before-school detentions every day until you get it (in other words...pay). optional my ass.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
thewhitecomet said:
yeah, my school (High) is GPS school and is 'supposed' to be a public school. yet their 'optional' school contributions tops 3k a year. and it's not optional at all! if you don't pay, you don't get ur report. if you don't get your report, you get before-school detentions every day until you get it (in other words...pay). optional my ass.
stop being a cheap westie cunt.

Raginsheep

HSC
thewhitecomet said:
ppl from outside ruse only know a handful of ppl in the school. the rest bury their heads in books, freakin nerds. they have no extracurricular activities unless they're milking cows.
Enough with the ruse bashing...I know people who go to ruse and are quite sociable despite what we may all think.

thewhitecomet said:
just check out the list of old boys. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Boys'_High_School

If you're going to compare schools just on old boys/girls, that list isn't that impressive... :p

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
thewhitecomet said:
No it doesn't. The combined total of all the school fees, P&C funds, building funds, OBU membership was about $800 in 2004. It is hard to believe that it would inflate to $3000 a year now.

danza108

HSC
thewhitecomet said:
Yea your an idiot, its 600-800, 500odd main, and 70-100 odd for old boys isnt it? optional, it remains optional. Those who do not wish to contribute, i wouldnt understand why, can still get their reports by giving it to Jaggar. I know guys in my grade dont get it signed off and show it to Jaggar, he understands. Its just the deputy will put you on detention if you do not want to get your report.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
danza108 said:
Yea your an idiot, its 600-800, 500odd main, and 70-100 odd for old boys isnt it? optional, it remains optional. Those who do not wish to contribute, i wouldnt understand why, can still get their reports by giving it to Jaggar. I know guys in my grade dont get it signed off and show it to Jaggar, he understands. Its just the deputy will put you on detention if you do not want to get your report.
I think it was only 768 this year. Steve is way off the mark - 3000 my arse, unless your richass family paid that much.

chandra said:
joeys are good at sport, swimming and soccer i think
Fuck, I hope this isnt the same Chandra as I think it is. Joeys, up until this year (where we claimed the paltry title) were the worst soccer school. Theycouldnt even field a 14s side FFS.

Raginsheep said:
If you're going to compare schools just on old boys/girls, that list isn't that impressive...
Its better than North Sydney for one.

Who have you got that everyone in the street will recognise? Peter Overton, Allan Border, Greg Florimo. Then the list gets boring.

At least High people get recognised in this world; Craig Wing, Chris Whitaker, Duncan McCrae, Sir Roden Cutler, James Wolfensohn, Russell Crowe, Rene Rivkin, Daniel Macpherson, Danny Wiedler [yeh, so the last three were duds]. I think its far more impressive than most.

name_disclosed

HSC
thewhitecomet said:
ppl from outside ruse only know a handful of ppl in the school. the rest bury their heads in books, freakin nerds. they have no extracurricular activities unless they're milking cows. yeah, i heard about how they discourage sport in senior school too.

i'd have to say Sydney High's the best school- good academics, good sporting achievements, oldest state school in Australia, prominent old boys, GPS and CHS sporting competitions even though we're public school. just check out the list of old boys. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Boys'_High_School

Do you know for a fact that Ruse people have "no extracurricular activities unless they're milking cows?"
And so what if they produce doctors? They should be proud. Doctors are Great people.

Btw, Fort Street's the oldest you pompous jackass.

At least High people get recognised in this world; Craig Wing said:
. I think its far more impressive than most.
You are such a patronising fucker. We got Edmund Barton. Does that make our school better than yours?

Bookie

Banned
HSC
name disclosed said:
You are such a patronising fucker. We got Edmund Barton. Does that make our school better than yours?
Is that a rhetorical question? No, your school is not better.

Oh, and Edmund Barton left Hippetown for Grammar for his senior years.

memorable44

HSC
Bookie said:
Is that a rhetorical question? No, your school is not better.

Oh, and Edmund Barton left Hippetown for Grammar for his senior years.
" Name disclosed" is definately right, man Fort st got more known famous people than ur school, whateva it is.
Eg Margret Preston, Sir John Kerr, Michael Kirby, so stop dissing other ppls schools.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)