It was easy! Do you agree? (1 Viewer)

happi guy

HSC
the Harwood question was alittle annoying - never looked at the emotions before
overall relatively simple - makes up for crazy hard Section 1 of paper 1

total pages 48 - 16 for each essay

rayd

HSC
BL/BNW was very backward indeed, i thort it was a comparative study not a contrasting study... anyway the two differences i used were the context and representation.

yeats, wow intense human emotion? wtf? i just heavily extended anything i could think of in regard to emotion?? lol i dunno what went on in that.

powerplay was easy just straight out almost.

i got in 28 pages total so im happy.... if they can read it is another thing.. :|

nemmalie

HSC
N/A
oh the BOS can go fuck thmselves....seriously

the other exams better not be as stupid as that one
like what the hell was the br/bnw quesion man seriously....they obviously felt it was too general or easy like straight off the top of yr head stuff in otehr years and too easy to copy other peoples past papers...

so what do they do? they twist it
the last year spend finding similarities beacuse it's a COMPARISION; making simliarities out of things which r completely unrelated even...
ANd he stupid fuckers asK FOR DIFFERENCES
they should be sacked
and emotion in harwood?
oh get fucked
it is meant to be how differnt conceps shape perfceptions of the poems. not emotion......

ok. so waht did everybody do for BR BNW differeces
i also can't believe there was only two differences
woulda been alright with more than just two i guess.

ah go fuck yrselves bos

fishy89sg

HSC
module A was by far the hardest section
module B and C were by far the easiest questions

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Easy :D

If I was a little bit more prepared for KL, answering that question would've been a whole lot easier but that said, i still found it easy.

I liked the questions (all essays! YAY!) and the Frontline question would have to be the easiest, even though i didn't finish it. :)

Just happy it's all over.

Good luck kiddies with all your other tests! :D

Steven Fulop

HSC
rayd said:
BL/BNW was very backward indeed, i thort it was a comparative study not a contrasting study... anyway the two differences i used were the context and representation.

yeats, wow intense human emotion? wtf? i just heavily extended anything i could think of in regard to emotion?? lol i dunno what went on in that.

powerplay was easy just straight out almost.

i got in 28 pages total so im happy.... if they can read it is another thing.. :|
Haha, when I read the same question for Yeats, I thought along a very similar line. I just expanded on the idea that Yeats uses sadness and other human emotions to try and reconcile the tensions and dichotomies that framed his public and private existence. And how through this 'intense passion' and reconciliation of these tensions (immortality + human weakness, revolution + cultural legacy), he could provide meaning and unity to his work. Then related this idea to two of his poems.

I found the poetry question the hardest one of the three.

Steve.

perfekshunist

HSC
OH GOD! sameeee problem! easy question = too much to write about = lack of sturcture : ( I DIDNT WANT TO STOP WRITING :burn:

perfekshunist

HSC
OH GOD! sameeee problem! easy question = too much to write about = lack of structure : ( I DIDNT WANT TO STOP WRITING :burn:

what-for?

HSC
it was alright.

emma/clueless - i talked about the reshaping of values and morals as significant elements to appeal to different contexts. my last page was a mess, scribbles everywhere.

king lear - had to alter my prepared essay to a fair degree. for human relationships, i talked about the intense father/daughter relationship using Act1 Sc1 and the relationship between man and himself using the storm scene. added in 2 productions+ theme and language.

frontline - couldn't have been better :) any argument would've fit. mine was how those in power have the means to manipulate and destort the truth to fit their own representation ---> challenging responders to question them.

overall,
emma/clueless: 9 pages
king lear: 9 pages
frontline: 10 pages

none of the supervisors noticed my hand go up for more booklets and when they did, took FOREVER to get them.

NO MORE ENGLISH!!! bask in the glory people, bask in the glory.

*CAKE*

HSC
Ok the Frontline question was easy

But the stupid King Lear question completely threw me, i had nothing on intense relationships

Oh and the BNW/BR question was stupid those texts are two alike and most of the themes and shit i knew didnt really fit the question

OH WELL NOTHING I CAN DO NOW!
back to business studies :bomb:

mufti

HSC
NO! i though Blade Runner/Brave New World was particularly hard.
I think each question appeared easy at first, but really were far more complex..

damnit.

HSC
i was very surprised. I was panicking big time this morning, I was expecting something a lot harder but everything was pretty broad and I could apply my prepared essays pretty easily. On looking back, I wish I had of started off with my strongest point, speeches, so I wouldnt be so affected by nerves but I don't think it matters so much.

H/R+G: VERY broad, but was good because it let me show off everything I knew about the two values I have focused on more specifically- certainty and truth and identity and I could put all the language, context, characterisation stuff in there. I think I got about 11 pages.

Speeches: I sort of had to look twice at the question but I focused on the ideal of freedom in in Lincoln's and Goldmans speeches. And again, my prepared response was reasonably good and adaptable, but I had to be more judicial about selecting my quotes- I think I got about 6 pages.

Powerplay: Wow. What a broad question! I went with the thesis that "my idea of powerplay has been challenged by the psychological representations of power, rather than the emphasis on the physical." I was happy with my 1984 part but I had to really ruch my supp- lucky they only asked for one. I was going to do 2 anyway, because I could really apply my second but with three minutes to go I though nahhh. I think I got 6 pages again.

So yes. Overall, just happy for it to be over, I seriously cried at the end. Even though I still have extension anyway buttt I really need the break from English! I can't believe I never have to look at those damned notes agin.

=)

Kimbo Bimbo

HSC
it was easy! all essays! couldnt believe it. it was so bloody hot in the exam room tho that my pen was slipping out of my hand. gross. hard to think.
well done! all english except ext is over forever!!

anniea89

HSC
It was a betetr exam than last year. I'm so glad it wasn't too specfic

Started with Mod C Frontline- used two related texts. Could have done it better, talked about more, but I had to be wary of time. I did like the question though.

Mod B- Wuthering Heights- they were totally amaing for cathy and Heathcliff analysis, AND THAT'S WHAT I GAVE THEM!!! Managed to slip my readings into it, but I think my sturcture was a bit fuzzy. Could have done 8 pgs, but only 7 due to time

Mod A- hamlet, R&G- hated this module!!! Question was easy to understand, but I think my answer could have been better.

Finished on time for the first time.

doofyduck01

HSC
Yeah the questions were pretty easy :) I got suspicious when i read them haha, was like, is there some trick?? lol. But yeah Emma/Clueless was really good, i used the elements of moral misconduct and status in relationship to wealth.

Harwood, i used the intense emotion of fear and talked about Glass Jar and Prize-Giving with psychoanalytic and romantic readings.

Frontline was really easy, ONE related text?? haha was awesome, could talk about the two texts in heaps of detail, and ended with a Jimi Hendrix quote "Only when the power of love overcomes the love of power will the world know peace" ooo yeah hehe

simplistic

nice as ice
HSC
yay a really good exam .. had fun contradicting malouf on every basis i could think off :D
powerplay was beautiful simply beautiful same question ive been practising for the past year .
citizen kane was stupid but easy to manipulate stupid relationships
yay maybe i have a chance of a band A total!!!

Marzaa

HSC
YAYYYYYYYYYYY NO MORE ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS TIME FOR ENGLISH TO BURN AND DIE

Umm neway, i wrote

BR/BNW got to 10th page
Harwood on 8th page
Frontline on 10th page

I found Harwood by far to be the harest section of the paper, it was impossible 4 me to limit my response to just 1 emotion so I talked about a few. Other then that not too bad, I especially liked frontline as by asking by only 1 ORT i was able to finish the exam on time :)

Time to enjoy the rest of my english-free HSC

sezza899

HSC
I thought the paper was good,

BR/BNW – the question was very similar to one I did on for an assessment, but yeah I did fall into the problem of having too much to write about – kept going back and adding stuff that I’d forgotten to put in i.e. clearly identifiable definition of natural/in the wild. Lol Can't believe I did that

SPEECHES - I loved the speeches question I thought it was really good, allowed me to talk about the speeches I loved and put passion into it – bonus was we only had to talk about 2!:)

POWERPLAY - was good, very general – but then again the powerplay questions from every year are always fairly general. I already had an essay written for it that I adapted really easily.

All up I think I did ok! :wave:

Last edited:

machiavel

HSC
Steven Fulop said:
Yep, agree with the general consensus here.

The BR/BNW and Frontline questions were very easy, and the Yeats question really suited my line of argument.

Overall, I thought it was a very easy exam and am definately expecting high marks throughout.

Steve.
There is definitely!!!!!! no a in definitely

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)