IT Defintitions (1 Viewer)

chris42

HSC
Hey all,

Have any of your teachers given you a good database of all the terms that you need to know ?

Like for example What the different meanings of CUT is between Excel, Word and Access?

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
Originally posted by chris42

Like for example What the different meanings of CUT is between Excel, Word and Access?
welpz not sumfing like this thoz !.. omg we have to recgonised that?

chris42

HSC
Yeah I mean't more general terms such that is covered in the IT syllabus.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by chris42
Yeah I mean't more general terms such that is covered in the IT syllabus.
lol Cut?!

do you mean as in the commmand Cut

Edit> Cut

or is it some term that u turned into an acronymn.

Winston

HSC
i'll make one up for you

Cut - A Command found in office and also found in the Windows operating system, what this command does, is it stores whatever item that was selected and having the 'cut' function applied to it, in terms of text the text is temporarily stored in the Office Clipboard, until any new text is copied or cut where the previously stored text is erased, for files basically the cut function stores the path of the file you selected and applied the cut function to, for example selecting the file hello.txt in c drive will result "C:\hello.txt" stored in the Windows Clipboad.

Glide

Originally posted by Winston
i'll make one up for you

Cut - A Command found in office and also found in the Windows operating system, what this command does, is it stores whatever item that was selected and having the 'cut' function applied to it, in terms of text the text is temporarily stored in the Office Clipboard, until any new text is copied or cut where the previously stored text is erased, for files basically the cut function stores the path of the file you selected and applied the cut function to, for example selecting the file hello.txt in c drive will result "C:\hello.txt" stored in the Windows Clipboad.
You know linux has a clipboard too :p
so does staroffice :p

/sarcasm

ROC

Glossary Book (incomplete)

I started to create something at one of my schools, it is incomplete by my help a little.

email me and I will send you a copy.

rgalvin@dodo.com.au

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, so that who ever believes shall not perish but have everlasting life.

John 3;16

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)