• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Israeli officer: I was right to shoot 13-year-old child (1 Viewer)

regicide

so an Israeli murders a Palestinian and he's immediatly placed under arrest by his own government and denounced by his own people and when a Palestinian kills an Israeli he's immortalised on the walls of streets etc etc

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
They're both as bad as each other in what they do, but I haved to agree the Palestinians are more justified in their actions as opposed to the Israelies. Neither side can claim the moral high ground in the way that they are fighting this war, but at least Palestine can somewhat justify why they are fighting this war, something Israel can not claim.

But, like I said, I think both sides of the Arab-Israeli conflict are wrong, in their 'end justifies the means' sort of attitude.

dave_119

Banned
HSC
god on him, she would have turned into a sucide bomber anyway..... if i become leader of the UN ( which is highly likely) im gunna make a weight of the whole middle east and drop it, so everyone gets squashed......

JOKING u sad fuckers... i no how cut u all get when someone disagress with u, and seeing ur all smarter than me, and whinge a lot more, and have ur head in each others arese, ill leave

regicide

Mr. Osama you shouldn't blame the actions of the Israeli government on the Jewish people; that's how anti-semitism starts

ZabZu

HSC
It is essential that the both the Israelis and Palestinians understand the situation of each side. Only then can the tension ease and a possibility of a reasonable peace emerge.

Eg. The Palestinians must realise that the Israelis just want to live in peace without worrying of being a target of terrorism.

Eg. The Israelis must realise that they took Palestine from the Palestinians in 1948 and should help build the foundations of a indepedent Palestinian government and eventually allow the Palestinians to create their own state.

You cannot judge the Israeli army by the actions of a few soldiers. In contrast to the killing of that Palestinian girl, Ive heard cases where Israeli soldiers have given lollies to Palestinian children (the lollies were not poisoned)

Comrade nathan

HSC
The Israelis must realise that they took Palestine from the Palestinians in 1948
The Palestinians must realise that the Israelis just want to live in peace without worrying of being a target of terrorism
I thought i would quote thoose two statements and place them in a different order.

You claim the Israelis took land, then you say they just want to live in peace. If they are guilty of land theft then they only want to live at peace at the Palastinians expense, so therefore they only want Jewish peace not multinational peace. Since they are guilty of land theft it is only just that they face resistance. It is the Palastinians who first realised the Israelis stole land and the act with resistance, the Palestinians must realise what type of peace the Israelis have in mind.

They only thing that must be realised is the Zionist forces that are in power. Jews and Arabs lived together for years in relative harmony before the agressive Zionist powers came to the Palastinian land. Both Jews and Arabs of must realise the Zionism is the cause and learn its history then defeat it.

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
Comrade nathan said:
I thought i would quote thoose two statements and place them in a different order.

You claim the Israelis took land, then you say they just want to live in peace. If they are guilty of land theft then they only want to live at peace at the Palastinians expense, so therefore they only want Jewish peace not multinational peace. Since they are guilty of land theft it is only just that they face resistance. It is the Palastinians who first realised the Israelis stole land and the act with resistance, the Palestinians must realise what type of peace the Israelis have in mind.

They only thing that must be realised is the Zionist forces that are in power. Jews and Arabs lived together for years in relative harmony before the agressive Zionist powers came to the Palastinian land. Both Jews and Arabs of must realise the Zionism is the cause and learn its history then defeat it.
very true!

ZabZu

HSC
Comrade nathan said:
There was an Arab revolt that started in 1936 in reaction to the increase in Jewish migration to Palestine.

Israel is not guilty of land theft, it was the UN who gave the Jews control of a partition of the land. It is true that the UN is against Israel's occupation of the Palestinian territories but Israel occupied the land so it could have a buffer zone between the Arab countries (Egypt, Jordan, Syria) who continued to threaten Israel. This is a moderate view. I am also aware as im sure you are too Comrade nathan, that the zionist extremists wanted to annex all of the occupied territories to create the so called "Greater Israel". I am against this idea.

ZabZu

HSC
Im not 100% of the facts regarding Lebanon but i think the two main reasons for Israel's occupation of parts of the country were due to two factors; the PLO and Hezbollah. Israel invaded Lebanon in 1978 in an attempt to cause the PLO to disperse. Israel did this because of numerous terrorist attacks against Israel co-ordinated by the organisation. Israel maintained a security zone in southern Lebanon so it would make it harder for extremist groups such as Hezbollah to attack Israeli communities in the north of the country.

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
ZabZu said:
Im not 100% of the facts regarding Lebanon but i think the two main reasons for Israel's occupation of parts of the country were due to two factors; the PLO and Hezbollah. Israel invaded Lebanon in 1978 in an attempt to cause the PLO to disperse. Israel did this because of numerous terrorist attacks against Israel co-ordinated by the organisation. Israel maintained a security zone in southern Lebanon so it would make it harder for extremist groups such as Hezbollah to attack Israeli communities in the north of the country.
so Israel invaded Lebanon in 1978 to protect itself from attacks by Hezbollah even though Hezbollah was established in the 80's to protect Lebanon from Israeli attacks?

Comrade nathan

HSC
that the zionist extremists wanted to annex all of the occupied territories to create the so called "Greater Israel". I am against this idea.
The Zionist view of greater Israel stretchers farther then the occupied territories. From the Suez to the Euphrates, then connecting to Turkey.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
ZabZu said:

hezbollah was only established after israeli occuaption to protect lebanon....therefore israel could not have invaded lebanon to protect israel from this so called "extremist group" because they didnt exist until after the invasion....also dismantling the PLO would not require 23 yrs......the israeli governemnt showed their barabric nature during the occuaption of lebanon where thousands of innocent civilians were killed or forced to leave their homelands and touture prisons such as the Khiam prison were established to torure hezbollah members who were just trying to protect their homelands from occuaption....i dont have anything against jews in general......however the israeli government has shown that they dont want peace......they want to dominate the middle east and will do wateva they can to accompish this....

Generator

HSC
N/A
Ah, he/she did not say that the Hezbollah group existed at the time of the invasion... Reading before replying may be an idea for the future, I think.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Generator said:
Ah, he/she did not say that the Hezbollah group existed at the time of the invasion... Reading before replying may be an idea for the future, I think.

no they didnt.........but they said that israel was in lebanon to prevent hezbollah attacks.........there would have been no hezbollah attacks if there was no invasion and so thats a pathetic excuse.........

Israel maintained a security zone in southern Lebanon so it would make it harder for extremist groups such as Hezbollah to attack Israeli communities in the north of the country

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
joujou_84 said:
no they didnt.........but they said that israel was in lebanon to prevent hezbollah attacks.........there would have been no hezbollah attacks if there was no invasion and so thats a pathetic excuse.........
He said that Israel moved in to disperse the PLO, and then remained to prevent Hezbollah attacks, whatever their cause. It isn't a pathetic excuse when one problem emerges as another is being dealt with.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Generator said:
He said that Israel moved in to disperse the PLO, and then remained to prevent Hezbollah attacks, whatever their cause. It isn't a pathetic excuse when one problem emerges as another is being dealt with.

hezbollah was not a problem....they were only a problem to israel as they stood in their way........hezbollah was there to protect lebanon and they had every right to be there........it took the israeli governement 23 yrs to realise they were no match for hezbollah.....if they had left then hezbollah would not have been a problem fot them........its stupid to say that them remaining in occupied land would help to stop hezbollah attacks when they know that if they just left all the attacks would stop.......

Generator

HSC
N/A
Just remember that you have the benefit of hindsight and living within a country far removed from the conflict.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)