Israel–Gaza conflict (1 Viewer)

boris

Banned
HSC
Rageeb said:
Have you read some of his other posts regarding the matter? Don't even bother. Iron/Schro etc actually know what they are talking about - but there are posters on both sides who just like to troll when they have nothing left to say.

eg:
Yeah ok Mr. Death to Israel etc

Fairly sure i have a fairly balanced view on the matter whilst remainly emotionally distanced, unlike sam etc.

Also fairly sure im like one of the only people here expressing their opinions on possible solutions to this ongoing conflict instead of just "israel is commiting genocide", "hamas are terrorists using babies for human shields etc"

Fag.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
boris said:
Yeah ok Mr. Death to Israel etc

Fairly sure i have a fairly balanced view on the matter whilst remainly emotionally distanced, unlike sam etc.

Also fairly sure im like one of the only people here expressing their opinions on possible solutions to this ongoing conflict instead of just "israel is commiting genocide", "hamas are terrorists using babies for human shields etc"

Fag.
Et moi!
http://community.boredofstudies.org/4037377/post-1763.html

Enjoy, dildo head.

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
lol @ ^that^. I stopped taking that post seriously after he addressed me as "Mr. Death to Israel etc"

John Oliver said:
Because Israel worships a White man's God.
My God can beat up your God.

Gerald10

HSC
sam04u said:
Gerald you're quite intelligent, I must say. But the problem with your viewpoint on the middle east is you don't see the divide which exists and the ingrained double standards. If everyone took your approach, what worked with the states under British imperialism should work to any state suffering a similar fate, but the problem is it doesn't work that way.

The circumstances were different after the second world war. The British empire could no longer justify it's position in India, by no choice of their own the Indians would have one way or another reclaimed the land.

The problem which exists in Palestine is that Israelis will always have a justification. Infact as the self-proclaimed "Jewish state" they have a biblical justification which not only supports the current state, but rather it supports expansion as well.
Im not saying it is my solution at all (personally I cant see one). I feel this is the strategy that Hamas are employing in a bid to claim moral superiority - its unlikely to succeed for the reasons you give and as Boris says provoking them with bombs isn't a good way to begin nor is refusing ceasefire agreements.

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
John Oliver said:
Your sig used to be cooler. Rectify this.
Changed it on a whim when I was watching V for Vendetta this afternoon. Sounded a lot cooler in the movie, reading it doesn't have the same impact. Perhaps a quote from Atlas Shrugged.. or I may go back to the Bioshock quote.. haven't decided yet.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
boris said:
I was talking about Hamas, not Fatah. You could kinda tell that, even though i dont think i mentioned Gaza specifically, i was talking about it. What with the blockades and stuff.
Then why did you mention Northern Israel? o_0

Gaza is in the south of Israel, comrade.

And nah it wasn't a tank they are saying now, but a mortar. They fired 3 mortar rounds at the area that the rocket (was it a rocket?) was fired from and one mortar round landed 30m off target and hit the school.
So in other words noone knows what it was, other than that it was Israeli. Eh. Tanks still seem a bit excessive from Israel though, unsurprisingly.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Exphate said:
*Exphate proving my point*
Thanks for reiterating the point I was making. They are an Islamic organisation fighting for Lebanese interests. Not Islamic interests.

Gerald10 said:
provoking them with bombs isn't a good way to begin nor is refusing ceasefire agreements.
I don't see a point in repeating the same points I've made already, but there was no option for the people in Gaza. They could either die of starvation and disease or make a stand. Considering those are the choices they had to do the latter.

Gerald10

HSC
Mandela was a terrorist too. Supporting al qaeda in their quest to form a global islamic caliphate (insanity) is completely different to theoretically supporting the people of palestine in their quest to reclaim land which they may or may not have a rightful claim to.

The second is a far more reasonable position. But is still not a position I support.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Not fair to call Mandella a terrorist post 9/11

Gerald10

HSC
Iron said:
Not fair to call Mandella a terrorist post 9/11
For me a terrorist is someone who for idealogical reasons targets non-combatants to create fear.

Being morally righteous doesn't come into the equation. And 9/11 doesn't change the definition of words - though I agree it has developed its own connotations.

IMO Mandela (before going to prison) was a terrorist. He certainly wasn't when he left prison.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Do you count telegraph poles as non-combatants!?!?!?!?!qqqq1q111!

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
John Oliver said:
Bioshock quote is one of my favourite quotes of a long time. Neb'll get angry, though.
Decided to stick with the Bioshock one. Was thinking about using "No Gods, Or Kings. Only Man." from Bioshock but I reckon this one sounds better and a bit less in-your-face.

Gerald10 said:
For me a terrorist is someone who for idealogical reasons targets non-combatants to create fear.

Being morally righteous doesn't come into the equation. And 9/11 doesn't change the definition of words - though I agree it has developed its own connotations.
Yeah, the word 'terrorism' just gets thrown around so much post 9/11. Every time some heinous mistake is made, a bat-shit insane law is passed or a bunch of innocent people die we are asked to accept it as the price for fighting 'terrorism'. Really shits me.

Gerald10

HSC
The MK (the military arm of the ANC which Mandela co founded and was head of) did attack civilians amongst military and government targets. Though most of the most vicious attacks happened whilst Mandela was imprisoned.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Bullshit! But at the end of the day, Mandela is an Anglophile. All is forgiven.

Gerald10

HSC
Lol. But I will concede that he is not in the same category of callousness as modern islamist terrorism.

Last edited:

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Ben Netanyahu said:
No, it is simply unnessecary for those of us who are on the side of humanity to see pictures like that :(
Glad to see that Benjamin Netanyahu is finally starting to get some sense into him!

<3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)