• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Israel–Gaza conflict (2 Viewers)

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
John Oliver said:
And you were going so well with not getting banned again :(
Eh, everyone knows I'm joking mang.

Except you. And Trefoil.

HAY INTERESTING POINT COMRADE BIGBOYJAMES BRUNG UP: that israel will stop before the inauguration. also, what side obama will take?

Zionist

HSC
isnt it funny these terrorists supporters complaining about children being killed by IDF because they were used as human shields by Hamas terrorists while hamas terrorists regularly use child suicide bombers. Looks like it is OK for Hamas to kill children but its a war crime for Israel is they are accidentally killed ha ha! :D

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Ben Netanyahu said:
why's he keeping so quiet about it eh?
Well Obama people have said "we don't want to give mixed signals". If Obama agreed fully with Bush's current position there would be no mixed signals. So there is going to be atleast some disagreement between the two administrations.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
b1gboyjames said:
oh wait: arab countries are too stupid
I have to admit that i kinda agree with that a bit, especially with whats happening in Palestine and all, but Pakistan isnt any better at all, its even shitter then all the arab countries put together.:uhhuh:

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Gaza clinic destroyed in strike

The charity Christian Aid says a clinic for mothers and babies in Gaza, which it funds along with the EU, has been destroyed in an Israeli air strike.
The clinic, which was run by the Near East Council of Churches, was struck by a missile after a 15-minute warning was sent to the building's owners.
Hundreds of thousands of dollars' worth of medical equipment was destroyed by the strike, which happened on Saturday.
The military told Christian Aid there were terrorist operations nearby.
Nobody was injured in the attack, in part because the clinic had been closed since Tuesday because of security concerns, the NECC said.
Palestinian medical officials say more than 900 Palestinians have been killed since Israel's military offensive on the Gaza Strip began on 27 December. The UN says more than 40% of those killed have been women and children.
Israeli authorities say 13 Israelis have died, three of them civilians.
'Bloody atmosphere'
Christian Aid said the destroyed clinic, which was located in a two-storey building in the Shujaiya district of Gaza City, provided free primary healthcare to the local community, including mother and child clinics, neo-natal care, family planning.

It also included a laboratory for medical tests and a small dispensary.
On Saturday evening, the building's owners received a telephone call from the Israeli military telling to evacuate within 15 minutes, Christian Aid said.
The family living in the apartment on the floor above the clinic managed to get out just before a warning shot was fired by an Israeli air force jet, it added.
Moments later, the building - which the charity said was clearly marked with the insignia of the Red Cross and had ambulances parked outside - was struck by a missile fired by the aircraft.
The clinic was completely destroyed in the attack, along with valuable medical equipment, including ultrasound machines, laboratory apparatus, and computers, which are not freely available in Gaza.

Constantine Dabbagh, executive director of the NECC in Gaza, said another of its clinics had been closed for two weeks because the owners of a neighbouring building had received repeated warnings from the Israeli military that it was about to be bombed.
"The world needs to wake up and stop this. They need to wake up and end the siege and the occupation," said Mr Dabbagh. "Then there will be some time for peace and reconciliation."
"Otherwise, this bloody atmosphere will continue."
Janet Symes of Christian Aid, who visited the clinic last year said: "It was standing room only as so many mothers had brought their babies and small children for check-ups or treatment".
"Now the whole clinic lies in ruins. All the equipment is destroyed. This just underlines how critical an immediate ceasefire is to stop this destruction."
BBC NEWS | Middle East | Gaza clinic destroyed in strike

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
srael faces the prospect of intervention by international courts amid growing calls that its actions in Gaza are a violation of world humanitarian and criminal law.The UN general assembly, which is meeting this week to discuss the issue, will consider requesting an advisory opinion from the international court of justice, the Guardian has learned.
"There is a well-grounded view that both the initial attacks on Gaza and the tactics being used by Israel are serious violations of the UN charter, the Geneva conventions, international law and international humanitarian law," said Richard Falk, the UN's special rapporteur on the Palestinian territories and professor emeritus of international law at Princeton University.
"There is a consensus among independent legal experts that Israel is an occupying power and is therefore bound by the duties set out in the fourth Geneva convention," Falk added. "The arguments that Israel's blockade is a form of prohibited collective punishment, and that it is in breach of its duty to ensure the population has sufficient food and healthcare as the occupying power, are very strong."
A Foreign Office source confirmed the UK would consider backing calls for a reference to the ICJ. "It's definitely on the table," the source said. "We have already called for an investigation and are looking at all evidence and allegations."
An open letter to the prime minister signed by prominent international lawyers and published in today's Guardian states: "The United Kingdom government ... has a duty under international law to exert its influence to stop violations of international humanitarian law in the current conflict between Israel and Hamas."
The letter argues that Israel has violated principles of humanitarian law, including launching attacks directly aimed at civilians and failing to discriminate between civilians and combatants.
The letter follows condemnation earlier this week from leading QCs of Israel's action as a violation of international law, and a vote by the UN's human rights council on Monday on a resolution condemning the ongoing Israeli military operation in the Gaza Strip.
"The blockade of humanitarian relief, the destruction of civilian infrastructure, and preventing access to basic necessities such as food and fuel are prima facie war crimes," a group of leading QCs and academics, including Michael Mansfield QC and Sir Geoffrey Bindman, wrote in a letter to the Sunday Times.
Israel has already been found to have violated its obligations in international law by a previous advisory opinion of the ICJ, and is likely to vigorously contest arguments that it is an occupying power. It previously stated that occupation ceased after disengagement from Gaza in 2005.
Its stance raises questions as to the utility of an advisory opinion by the ICJ after Israel rejected its finding in a previous case, which found the wall being constructed in the Palestinian territories to be a violation of Israel's obligations under international humanitarian law.
Questions are also being raised as to whether the international criminal court, which deals with war crimes and crimes against humanity, would have any jurisdiction to hear cases against perpetrators of the alleged crimes on both sides of the conflict. Neither Israel nor the Palestinian territories are signatories to the Rome statute, which brings states within the jurisdiction of the ICC.
More likely, experts say, is the establishment of ad-hoc tribunals of the kind created to deal with the war in the former Yugoslavia and the genocide in Rwanda.
"If there were the political will there could be an ad-hoc tribunal established to hear allegations of war crimes," Falk said. "This could be done by the general assembly acting under article 22 of the UN charter which gives them the authority to establish subsidiary bodies."
Israel may face UN court ruling on legality of Gaza conflict | World news | The Guardian

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
John Oliver said:
The UN might send them an angry letter, oh no!
Meh, better then nothing.

Im glad israel has a tarnished reputation now though.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
I hope that cancer will spread through the bodies of those soldiers who have savagely murdered an innocent Palestinian, i hope that they die a slow and very, very, very, very, very, very painful death.......beacause thats what they and their likes deserve. :uhhuh:

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
UN needs its own SECULAR HUMANIST STANDING ARMY

or atleast BUILD A MECHWARRIOR ARMY

IT SHOULD GO TO WAR AGAINST MEMBER COUNTRIES WHICH BREAK THE RULES.

NO MORE SecGen

Supreme Allied Commander of HUman Forces

United Nations Space Command, Earth

To ensure the freedom of sentient beings, all over the local galaxy

Last edited:

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
MaNiElla said:
I hope that cancer will spread through the bodies of those soldiers who have savagely murdered an innocent Palestinian, i hope that they die a slow and very, very, very, very, very, very painful death.......beacause thats what they and their likes deserve. :uhhuh:
This is why no one supports Palestine, Stop Killtarz

Court of LAw

Last edited:

4theHSC

HSC
MaNiElla said:
Reminds me of their old prime minister, sharoon, name sounds like the devil lol
Is he still alive? or is he dying a very slow and shameful death?:hammer:

meh Isreal is not supposed to exist anyways, there was no such country as Isreal. In fact many jews are also protesting and burning their Isreali passports because they believe that this is how they are meant to be, scattered around the world.

Last edited:

Zionist

HSC
4theHSC said:

meh Isreal is not supposed to exist anyways, there was no such country as Isreal. In fact many jews are also protesting and burning their Isreali passports because they believe that this is how they are meant to be, scattered around the world.
At least he is dying peacefully unlike terrorist Yasser Arafat who died of AIDS. His families are so ashamed that they didnt even want a post-mortem ha ha:mad1:

aki117

HSC
4theHSC said:

I know aye, some devil he was. Anyways i completely agree with u, israel was never a country, its an estate built through violence and genocide. Peace is a temporary option. In the long term we know that one day israel will lose, and surrender, and the land reclaimed by its rightful owners the palistinians.

As for others making fun of the prophet mohammed, i say, your not even worth his toe nail, he was followed by billions of people, and his companions were all very intelligent and capable(i doubt they would be follow him if he was so evil). So please keep this political, just because your defeated in an argument doesnt mean you have to go around randomly and racistly insulting religion, that goes for iron especially, whose remarks i find offending, and if they continue ill be sure to file a complaint.

MissSarajevo

HSC
Hamas agrees to Gaza truce, Israel reply awaited: official

Agence France-Presse
January 15, 2009 04:37am
Text size
+ - Print Email Share Add to MySpace Add to Digg Add to del.icio.us Add to Fark Post to Facebook Add to Kwoff What are these? HAMAS has accepted an Egyptian ceasefire proposal to end the war in the Gaza Strip and Cairo is awaiting Israel's response.
"We have obtained Hamas's agreement and are awaiting the response from Israel," whose envoy is due in Cairo today, a diplomat said, requesting anonymity.

"We will see when (Israeli defence official) Amos Gilad comes," he added, putting the ball in the Israeli camp. Gilad is due in Cairo today.

There were reports Spanish Foreign Minister Miguel Angel Moratinos had also told reporters in Jerusalem that Hamas has accepted the Egyptian initiative.

However Spain's foreign ministry later denied Moratinos had any information about a ceasefire.

More than 1000 Palestinians have been killed in the 19-day-old offensive, and 4500 wounded, according to Palestinian medics.
Hamas agrees to Gaza truce, Israel reply awaited: official | World Breaking News | News.com.au

My heartfelt congratulations to Israel for winning the war against Terrorist, for the 2nd time (1st was against Hizbollah terrorists in 2006) and to all the innocents who died i extend my condolences. :guitar:

aki117

HSC
israel is a terrorist too, and hamas is just as stupid, and their actions targeting civlians is wrong. So really its terrorist vs terrorist then right?so why congratulate israel for? as for your emotions, i think they do too little to ease the pain of people who have lost their dear ones, or those whove lost an arm or two, specially emotions coming from a supporter of their enemy.

good day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)