ISP Topics? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
hey everyone ...

i was told that an ISP was part of the SOR course after i went around saying nasty things bout my skool when they handed out the ISP project ... ;)

well anyway, to everyone out there who is doing SOR, which ISP topic are you's doing?

i am completey lost, but its not due till mid this year, so i'm not stressing all that much... not yet.

by the way, ISP= Interest Study Project

schwang_thang

hmmm last yr when i did my ISP, my qstn (cant rmb it exactly) had sumthing 2 do w/ charles darwin n those 2 books he published, origin of species' n 'descent of man' i think they were called...n the reaction of the churches n stuff. problem was that there wasnt a whole lot of gud info on it...heaps of books n stuff but they didnt actually answering my qstn...i ended up writing the entire essay on the spot, then went 2 the library n got sum quotes, shoved them in2 my essay where they sounded ok...n got 19/20 haha :D

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
heya! thats what i do for alot of my assignments, though this yr im gonna TRY to put more effort into everything...

i still have no idea what to do, but im thinking bout doing RE and the MEDIA... i'll probz link religion up with the movie and how religion is portrayed and represented or something ....

right now im thinking bout starwars (jedi relgion). did u know that there are like 500 ppl in england who actually started the JEDI relgion? dam...

yeah thats the only movie i can remeber which represents relgion in some way... another one is joan on arc and stigmata... and the exorcist

schwang_thang

Originally posted by ToOhEyZ

i still have no idea what to do, but im thinking bout doing RE and the MEDIA... i'll probz link religion up with the movie and how religion is portrayed and represented or something ....

yeah thats the only movie i can remeber which represents relgion in some way... another one is joan on arc and stigmata... and the exorcist
hey do u rmb the movie 'dogma' with matt damon n ben affleck? i never watched it but i rmb ppl in the church were telling every1 2 boycott watchin that movie or sumthing cos they didnt like the movie's portral of christianity...u can use that if u like

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
thanks for that! i'm certainly gonna check it out - gonna go out 2morrow to the video store to borrow dogma,stigmata n exorcist and have a religion movie marathon 2morrow nite

LOL - yeah it has to b done. thanks for that :)

schwang_thang

Originally posted by ToOhEyZ
thanks for that! i'm certainly gonna check it out - gonna go out 2morrow to the video store to borrow dogma,stigmata n exorcist and have a religion movie marathon 2morrow nite

LOL - yeah it has to b done. thanks for that :)
lol religion movie marathon :D

gluck mate!

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Did mine last term on Charlemange and his impact on the Church at the time in history ...

Ac

bex

HSC
i did mine on sikhism.. damn i was proud of it! I got 100% :D If you would like to read it, its on this BOS website.. follow the links on the front page...

Leap

free falling
HSC
I'm doing religion and biogaphy and am focussing on the life of the 14th Dalai Lama, mainly after the communist takeover of Tibet. I've barely done any work on it yet though.

Fi

i did mine on Saladin and the extent to which Arab leaders try to liken their actions to his.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by bex
i did mine on sikhism.. damn i was proud of it! I got 100% :D If you would like to read it, its on this BOS website.. follow the links on the front page...
wow i've read it and it was really good! hahah good on ya for gettin 100%

nah im still going to do media... starwars and stigmata :) hopefully it turns out the way i want it to LOL

Sarah J

HSC
My question was: How do people perceive God in the 21st Century?

It was soooooooooooooooo simple. I did it the night before. lol. 60/60. Simple. And it was pretty bloody good, too.

Dogma is the best movie. I cannot belive the Church were telling people to boycot it. It is so not anti-church.

1 more

fructis
HSC
i also got full marks, my word studies of religion teachers are easily fooled.

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
I did my HSC in 2001 .. but I did my ISP on the architecture of the Notre Dame and what it represented .. or something along those lines ...

1 more

fructis
HSC
imho the isp is a particularly foolish assignment, i *know* we should respect learning for its broader and enduring educational worth, but when an entire year is geared towards one final exam, its hard to value doing a project that proscribes any relevance to the syllabus itself.

I revolted, and basically wrote an art essay about how the art of the Italian baroque acted as propaganda for the papacys disseminations of the time.

just try to make it appear as though you have had an extensive engagement with your subject matter through your log book
- oh and another thing! can someone explain the board of studies futile obsession with making us keep diaries to write essays?! :confused:

superboobies!

yeah, what's with that whole process journal thing? i have ext 2 english, drama, and i'm being made to keep a journal of material for english. i'm crap at journals, and i always end up doing them the night before.
maybe the BOS wants to be more compassionate about the processes we go through to achieve major works etc? is this an act of consideration????

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah i dont mind the journals.. just takes me like an hour to do the day before its due =)

i guess its a good way for the teachers to see that we are actually doing the work and the processes we went through...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)